PDA

View Full Version : Greenie alternative - Health Pro FreshSticks

Jen
04-20-2006, 01:06 PM
Rich's coworker found a chew similar to greenies, but without wheat gluten. She gave us two for Tasha to try and she loved it! They last only 5 min, and still come off in chunks like greenies, but Tasha seemed to chew it well. If anyone else has tried them, or has thoughts on the ingredients, please let me know.

Here's the info:

Health Pro FreshSticks Multi-Benefit Chew Treats
Made without wheat, corn, or soy, FreshSticks are completely Gluten-Free, and contain NO artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. They are 100% natural, Edible and Digestible, and feature an exclusive blend of beneficial ingredients. Their shape and texture make them ideal for cleaning teeth and reducing tartar build-up, while our combination of mint, herbal oils and chlorophyll freshen breath, enhance digestion and nutrient absorption, and provide an antioxidant boost for overall health and well-being. Plus, we use chicken meal, a quality source of protein and essential amino acids.
Ingredients:
Sweet Rice Powder, Chicken Meal, Garlic Powder, Honey, Chlorophyll, Ground Dill Seed, Peppermint Oil, Parsley Oil, Rice Vinegar, Rosemary Oil, Mixed Tocopherols (vitamin E) Glycerin
Guaranteed Analysis:
Moisture (maximum) 8
Crude Protein (minimum) 7
Crude Fiber (maximum) 3
Crude Fat (max) 1.5
Crude Fat (minimum) 0.1

Extra Information:
Unique "Groovy" Shape: Designed to get between teeth and clean hard to reach places.

"Naked" Color: The 'Natural' color combination of our carefully selected ingredients

Michelle
04-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Do you have a picture of them to post for us?

Jen
04-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Sure!

http://i3.tinypic.com/vzvw3k.jpg

Petfooddirect.com carries them. I suspect they're the small size I have at home, but I'm not sure.

Patt
04-21-2006, 03:06 AM
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check those out next time I'm at Petsmart. :)

Bella's Mom
04-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Hmmm...I've never heard of them. I have to look for them here.

Tex
04-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Does Tasha do ok with the little pieces? I'm too afraid of Julie getting a little piece stuck somewhere in her digestional tract. You know all the horror stories you hear about greenies getting stuck and the dogs getting sick and needing surgery.....some have died! I would be interested to know if these treats break down any easier than greenies do. Anyone with info.-please post.