PDA

View Full Version : Pogo & Pixels recent vet visit.(a little Gross)

Rafi
04-20-2006, 04:33 PM
We always go through the same thing. Pogo and Pixel get nervous and show up as dehydrated in their blood work. Our very nice vet takes each one separately does the blood work etc and brings them back. Well yesterday, when he brought Pixel back into the room he said “Some dogs get Dehydrated and some….well…” and proceeded to tells how Pixel got so nervous that he shot a stream of anal gland juice across the table. Both the Vet and assistant nurse didn’t realize what happened until they smelt something. Both Vet and Nurse were laughing it off.

What is funny about that is, Pixel has no anal gland issues we never have to express them, which have to do on Pogo on a regular basis.

So it was a shock/surprise to hear that happened.

Has this happened to you at a vet visit?

Mama S.
04-20-2006, 04:36 PM
He was just "voicing his opinion" :rotfl: :rotfl: That is a new one for me! Hershey is my fruitcake - he goes nutso the second we walk in the door but he's never been a Hershey squirt!!!
Sandi

Frzframe
04-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Nope never been through that with my crew. Glad too. :)

Jen
04-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Oh wow, the ability to squirt anal juice? Nope, fortunately my pee pee dog can't do that!! She'd never make friends....

Dijon04
04-20-2006, 05:50 PM
mikeyd did just that at his last vet visit.....the vet suggested i take him home and give him a bath...stinky puppy.

lotsadox
04-20-2006, 06:01 PM
I have had a similar experience. Miller is sort of a spaz dog. He freaks about everything. I have never been able to cut his toenails because he freaks out so badly. My vet was going to do his toenails for me. They were gone a while and she came back without the vet tech, laughing. She said the good news is his anal glands are expressed! I've never had a problem with his anal glands, but I guess being so upset did it. He squirted clear across the table and got the vet tech. :rotfl: :rotfl: Of course it was easy for us to laugh, we didn't get hit. After that my vet told me a funny story about her anal gland experience early in her vet career. :banana:

Patt
04-20-2006, 06:23 PM
I can't recall that every happending to any of mine. Poor baby anything can happen when they are so afraid, at least the AG's got 'cleaned out'. I have gotten hit with a squirt once, and that smell is not easy to get rid of. :rotfl: When I have a dog that freaks out at the vets I give a mild tranquilizer so everyone can be somewhat at ease during the visit.

Rafi
04-20-2006, 07:52 PM
We've had Pixel almost 2 years now and this is the first time we've had any kind of anal gland issues with him. With Pogo when he scoots across the carpet ...the Gloves / Baby Wipes / Treat come out.

areese
04-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Once my husband put on a Ronald Reagan mask and came in the door and my dog, Kerby, squirted butt juice across the kitchen. So don't ever do that. :rotfl:

Bella's Mom
04-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Yikers! :shocked: It's not happened with Bella but I probably would've cracked up if the vet told me she did! Pixel had to "express" himself is all! :rotfl: