PDA

View Full Version : Jake is going home!

Frzframe
04-20-2006, 06:28 PM
I haven't posted much about Jake but I've been watching him for my shelter. He is a love bug and I do mean that. He loves to give kisses and snuggle.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/frzframe88/Mizti/jackbeg.jpg

A family came down with old Rose their 15 year old dachshund. I was nervous but didn't let Jake know. He can sometimes be a little intimidating when meeting new dogs. Well he didn't even bark at her although he sure did check her out. She totally ignored him. She is deaf and not walking well I could tell she was well cared for. It was grandma's dog who passed away two years ago. At the time Rose was over weight (her belly rubbing the ground) and having back troubles. She went on a diet and now can walk although wobbly but she still catches baby birds and squirrels. The 14 year old son also came to check out Jake because he's the one who is going to miss old Rose the most when she passes. She sleeps with him and he basically takes care of her (it was great to see him handle her) so he'll take care of Jake too. He took Jake for a run at the park (on leash) and Jake was in heaven. While they were getting in their car Jake sat watching them. I swear he looked like he was being left behind and was sad. That touched their hearts and mine too.

So I say goodbye on Saturday to Jake and hello to Charlie. :( :)

areese
04-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Aw...that's really great. Jake will be happy... He's cute-he looks like Owen!

Patt
04-20-2006, 06:38 PM
You can tell by that pic that Jake is a 'love bug'. :hearts: I'm happy to hear the meeting with the new family went so well. It is sad to say goodbye but sounds like he is moving to a loving home, another happy ending. :appl:

Please post a pic of Charlie when he arrives. :sausage:

K2
04-20-2006, 06:51 PM
That's great news!!! :congrats: to Jake on his forever home!! Thanks for all you do for all the pups who pass through!!:hug99:

LUVMYGUNNER
04-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Glad he's found a great home.

Yolanda
04-20-2006, 07:43 PM
Goof for Jake. Sure sounds like he is going to a good home.

Yolanda
04-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Good for Jake. Sure sounds like he is going to a good home. :appl: :appl:

Mama S.
04-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Great news that Jake will have his own boy to love!!!
Mama

Jen
04-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Sounds like Jake will have an excellent forever home! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Can't wait to hear about Charlie. :)

Nancy
04-21-2006, 09:25 AM
YEAAAAHHHH Jake!!!! Awesome that he's going to a new/great home!!

Michelle
04-21-2006, 09:58 AM
OH, How sweet!!!!!, What a touching story, that is a wonderful family that they are deciding now to get another doxie to ease the pain of when Old Rose passes which they know will probably be very soon, :banana: :banana:
Can't wait to see some pics when they come back to pick up Jake, please take pics and post them for us,,

Laurie' s Dachshunds
04-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Sounds good for Jake! He really looks like a sweetheart!

laura
04-21-2006, 10:56 AM
what a great story!

Frzframe
04-21-2006, 11:26 AM
I won't be there when they pick him up. :( I am taking him back to the shelter in the morning and picking up Charlie so unless we happen to meet up by accident I won't see them again.

Tex
04-21-2006, 12:48 PM
3 :cheer2: for Jake. But tell me, can any of you ever read these stories without crying, or is it just me????

Patt
04-21-2006, 01:48 PM
3 :cheer2: for Jake. But tell me, can any of you ever read these stories without crying, or is it just me????No it's not just you. Some of the stories are so heartbreaking I have to log off for awhile. :)

Bella's Mom
04-21-2006, 02:22 PM
What a happy ending. The story is so sweet and I'm so happy Jake will be going to such a great home. Wonderful news!