PDA

View Full Version : Meet Charlie

Frzframe
04-20-2006, 07:15 PM
I don't have him yet but I'll be picking him up on Saturday.

http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/KS67/KS67.6126304-1-x.jpg

Here is his bio on the petfinder:
Charlie is a 23 lbs Dachshund. Ok, so he needs to lose a little weight so do 75% of Americas! Charlie is good with kids and just fine with cats. He will need to meet any new dogs in his life before being adopted. Charlie is nine years old and needs a new home. Is that your home?

The worker at the shelter says he's a little neurotic. So I'm thinking I'll need a lot of help from all you. :D

Yolanda
04-20-2006, 07:38 PM
He is a fine looking guy. Wonder what his story is?

K2
04-20-2006, 07:43 PM
What a cutie!! :hearts: Did someone say neurotic??? Pippit could probably help him out with that!!:)

Frzframe
04-20-2006, 07:43 PM
From what the shelter told me his family dumped him at the shelter last Saturday. They happily said "Good-bye Charlie" waved to him and left. :sosad:

LUVMYGUNNER
04-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Probably scarred cause he is at the shelter.

bumpergirl
04-20-2006, 08:31 PM
He is gorgeous! :hearts: :hearts: You must be so excited!

areese
04-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Owen (the :angel7: ) ws so bad at the shelter no one wanted him. He barked and growled at people supposedly. But he was perfect here...fit right in, was able to be left uncrated when I went out. He jsut hates cages, poor baby. He must have been scared to death. I don't blame Charlie for being a little neurotic!!!!

Patt
04-20-2006, 09:01 PM
From what the shelter told me his family dumped him at the shelter last Saturday. They happily said "Good-bye Charlie" waved to him and left. :sosad:OMG that makes :sad1: poor little guy. "They" say everything happens for the best and I'm glad he is going to be living with you now. He looks like a cute little man and the perfect age. Sending helpful loving :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Charlie.

Mama S.
04-20-2006, 09:41 PM
May they all cheerfully rot in he**. Poor lil man. AM so glad he found you to love him lots and lots till he gets his new forever home.
Mama

Frzframe
04-20-2006, 11:38 PM
The full time shelter employee couldn't believe it. :mad2: She was so steamed at the family. They kept him up front with them which is a very, very small place and it's super busy (it's about the size of that hotel room) because he was so scared. :mad:

Yolanda
04-21-2006, 06:24 AM
Bless you for being there to take him. Hoping once he is with you he will settle in.

Nancy
04-21-2006, 08:17 AM
he is such a handsome boy!!!!

Michelle
04-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Oh what another cutie!!!!!!!!!
This is the kind of doxie that would be perfect for my mom!!!!!!
too bad she is not ready yet to have a dog, she wants to wait till she retires in October,,

But, I was wondering, if I happened to find a doxie online here with one of you all that do rescues, is there a transport program in place that would help him or her reach us here in Chicago???????

I would definately be willing to drive a distance to pick up when that time comes around....

Jen
04-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Charlie is lovely. His family should burn. I just don't understand people, I don't.

Anyways, probably he'll be ok once he's in a family situation and not in a shelter. Tasha had a horrible 10 days in a kennel before we got her. Even though it was more of a private adoption facilitated by a rescuer, I guess they wanted her out of the house. She was so skinny as she was in an outdoor kennel, surrounded by huge dogs, and was so scared.

Thank you for taking in Charlie! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for a smooth transition.

laura
04-21-2006, 10:50 AM
I have done the "hemmorhoid" dance for the family that dropped charlie off like that...with the request that they all become afflicted.

He is wonderful and keep us informed of his life going forward>

Laurie' s Dachshunds
04-21-2006, 10:51 AM
He is soooo cute! How could anybody not want him!!!!!!

I :hearts: love:hearts: that lil' face!:hearts:

Tex
04-21-2006, 12:53 PM
ok-definitly going to buy more tissues before logging on again. Some humans just frustrate the pee out of me.:mad4: I pray for the day that humans give as much thought to their dogs as their dogs give :love5: to them. Let us know how Charlie likes his WONDERFUL new home with you.

Bella's Mom
04-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Oh that face! :angel7: Charlie is a handsome boy. I'm sure he'll find his forever home in no time.

lotsadox
04-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Poor thing! He may just be neurotic from being in a shelter. DROH has picked up several dogs from the shelter here that they said we're mean/biters and when they were out of the shelter enviroment and in a foster home, they were fine. Keep us posted. :banana:

Chris
04-21-2006, 07:00 PM
They happily said "Good-bye Charlie" waved to him and left.

Do they release names of folks like this to rescues so they can put them on their "do not adopt to under any circumstance" list when they go looking for a young puppy?

That is so sad. People like that make me sick. At least it doesn't look like he was beaten or suffered any major neglect (obvious overfeeding not counted), and at least he was not just "taken out into the woods" but to me having no remorse of dumping off a good buddy like that is right up there. They will probably be serial. If they dropped him off and the children were crying and begging their mom/dad to please stop and that they loved him, at least i would feel that someone truly love the dog and it was just one awful person in the family and others were powerless :confused:

I am so happy, though, that he will be finding a loving home with people that will cherish him forever :)