PDA

View Full Version : Rabbits! Rabbits! Rabbits everywhere!

JuneyTrixie
04-20-2006, 11:46 PM
Juney and Trixie have discovered rabbits! Oh wow and how they let the world know about their discovery! They screamed and howled and whined like someone was "killing" them! They had this high-pitched scream that sounds like they are being abused. They were pulling so hard on their leashes that I was very glad that I have those special harnesses that they can't get out of! They saw at least 6 rabbits in 6 different parts of their walk.

My son thought it was so funny. I just wanted to get them home!! :faint:

lotsadox
04-20-2006, 11:50 PM
I know that high pitched scream. Cash does it when he's excited and it does sound like they're being tortured. It sounds like Juney and Trixie like Iowa! :banana: Lots of exciting critters to chase! :banana:

Yolanda
04-21-2006, 06:21 AM
Aweee, the high pitched scream. Probaly know by all doxie owners. Just think of all the new and wonderful experience in store for Juney, Trixie and there Mom.

BTW, the high pitched scream is Wetley's normal bark. :duh:

K2
04-21-2006, 06:58 AM
Yup~I know that high pitched scream!! I wonder what people thought when they heard it during your walk.....:rotfl:

areese
04-21-2006, 07:39 AM
Laika screams for rabbits, also. She will even scream on a really good scent...Scares the cr** outa me periodically. Owen of course is an :angel7: and says I NEVER scream, do I Mommy???

Nancy
04-21-2006, 07:45 AM
I've never heard that "scream" before!! And from what I'm reading, I'm kinda glad!!!

Rabbit hunting for the fur kids is fun!!

Otto'sMom
04-21-2006, 08:01 AM
Dolly is queen of the scream! She screams for just about everything. When I come home from work, when I go out to the truck, when she smells food at a picnic, when she sees the tractor, when she's tired of being at the dog park...and the MOST is when she sees me when I've been gone a long time.

Lisa
04-21-2006, 08:22 AM
Ah yes, THE scream! We get that too for bunnies, squirrel and with Pixel birds...the little guys is obsessed with birds :confused:

I think Juney and Trixie are loving they're new home....lots to do, see and smell. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Michelle
04-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Yep, I know that scream very well, I hear it every morning when Heidi and Princess go out in the yard and see the squirrels!!!!!

Welcome to the wonders of the Midwest!!!!!, We have so many more things the doxies can enjoy than the dry deserts of the West... :banana: :banana:

Sounds like they are just loving IOWA!!!!!!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
04-21-2006, 10:23 AM
I know it too. I only get to hear it rarely & it scares me to hear it too!

Jen
04-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Tasha doesn't scream--yet anyway!

So glad the bunnies are delighting Juney and Trixie! Let's just hope they don't find the nest with the, uh, bite size baby bunnies in it.

Irminsul
04-21-2006, 10:35 AM
You mean the scream where people open their windows and door to ask if your dog got hit by a car? At 7:30 am on a Sunday?:rotfl:

Bella's Mom
04-21-2006, 02:30 PM
I am not a fan of rabbits! Bella seem to think their poop is a delicacy and she must have it at any cost! :faint:

Anatresia
04-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Rigby makes that noise! The neighbors have come out of their houses before when I walk her and she sees a squirrel!!!

Mama S.
04-22-2006, 09:08 AM
Can't say I've been lucky (!) enough to hear amy of the herd screaming! Yowsers - if that were to start - I'd probably lose myhearing!
Mama