PDA

View Full Version : Dachshund Day at Tim Hortons?

Anatresia
04-21-2006, 02:09 PM
After the park, today, we decided to get an Iced Cappuccino at Timmy Ho's. The guy at the drive through was like, "Oh my god- this is like the 8th or 9th dachshund to come through today!!! It's dachshund day!" He said that they keep getting cuter, too. <blush, "aw shucks">:rolleyes: Rigby was like, "Yep. That's right. I am the cutest thing ever- GIVE ME MY ICED CAP!" (she's not very patient.):rotfl:

Where do I find these tons of dachshunds to make them join the DLC?

quavec
04-21-2006, 02:13 PM
See if your local Timmy Ho's (I love that nickname - don't have one here) will let you put up a flyer maybe? For a meetup perhaps? Get a free, generic email (yahoo etc) for contact info?

Romandachs
04-21-2006, 02:18 PM
"Iced Cappuccino at Timmy Ho's"

Ummmmm excuse me but is this part of your and Rigby's diet plan??
If it is, what plan are you using because I NEED to switch to it!!
Darn, an Iced Cap....Boy would I like to have one of those!!

Bella's Mom
04-21-2006, 02:33 PM
I always seem to hear people say the see dachshunds all the time too but I never seem to find them! :scratch: I would love to so I could arrange a meet-up, playdates, etc.

Anatresia
04-21-2006, 02:41 PM
"Iced Cappuccino at Timmy Ho's"

Ummmmm excuse me but is this part of your and Rigby's diet plan??
If it is, what plan are you using because I NEED to switch to it!!
Darn, an Iced Cap....Boy would I like to have one of those!!

Okay- here's the thing. I skipped my cereal today to have an iced cap. :rotfl: And all week, I skipped my lunch cereal and had either ice cream or an ice cap. I'm so bad. this is why i can't lose weight!!!:rotfl:

Alex's Mom
04-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Actually, if you ask for an iced cap with milk instead of cream, they're not so bad calorie-wise. I also think they taste better!

Romandachs
04-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Here's the problem, I can have the CREAM, I can't have the CARBS! I wonder if they could make one using splenda. I just know that the ones I have had were VERY sweet!

Jen
04-21-2006, 03:31 PM
Iced cap, if made right, shouldn't be sweet....at least made the italian way. Just coffee and milk (skim for those being good!). American chains use cream, and sugar, and chocolate and all sorts of untraditional things that pack in those calories!

Helen
04-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Iced cap, if made right, shouldn't be sweet....at least made the italian way. Just coffee and milk (skim for those being good!). American chains use cream, and sugar, and chocolate and all sorts of untraditional things that pack in those calories!

And UP the yummy quotient!! :banana:

Patt
04-22-2006, 03:28 AM
An ice cap sounds yummy. :sausage: I second putting a up flyer on the window. :appl:

K2
04-22-2006, 07:35 AM
The flyer sounds like a great idea. We don't have Tommy Ho's here.....but we do have some small local coffee shops that make iced caps with skim milk and Splenda~yummy and still on my diet!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
04-22-2006, 10:16 AM
ITA Jen. They should be made the Italian way! Better that way!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
04-22-2006, 10:17 AM
BTW what' s Tommy Ho's?

Alex's Mom
04-22-2006, 01:34 PM
BTW what' s Tommy Ho's?
tim Horton's ??

Anatresia
04-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Timmy Ho's- tim Hortons, yes. And as many as there are here, when you cross the border into Canada, there are more Timmy Ho's than houses. Somehow. Ask JanUet or Lisa.

Kinda like Starbucks in other areas of the country. We only have a few here, because people prefer Timmy's.

Lisa
04-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Yes, it is known here as "going to Tim's, wanna double double, eh?", a double double is now in the Canadian dictionary, it is how a lot of Canuck's drink their coffee - double cream, double sugar.

I have a 12 minute commute to work and I literally pass 3 Tim Horton (aka, Timmy's or Tim's) coffee shops. They don't have "fancy" coffee like Starbuck's though....just coffee.

Anatresia
04-22-2006, 03:53 PM
Yeah, we call it a double double here- that's what Paul always gets. I get coffee with skim milk- I've grown up! Last year, I wouldn't TOUCH coffee and now I drink it black or with just a bit of milk. This is a big grown up accomplishment for me. ;)