PDA

View Full Version : The Urge In All Of Us...

Puppen
04-21-2006, 10:38 PM
The pa was pulling weeds along the fence, I set the water and turned it on...Puppen lost interest in when the Pa was doing....
HEY, WAT'S DAT!? READY? SET??....
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b140/Puppenstein/PuppenReadySet.jpg

GOooOOOoooOO!! WHEEEEEE!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b140/Puppenstein/PuppenreadySetGoWheee.jpg LINK TO LARGER..I HOPE... http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b140/Puppenstein/PuppenreadySetGoWheee.jpg

But then the oddest thing...She stopped and started barking like crazy at something across the street! We looked and there were TWO buzzards atop a pine tree!!! We Have NEVER have we seen buzzards in this sleepy Colorado town on the plains! SO I took some not so great pictures...if I would have been thinking I would have taped Puppen too...but was to interested in getting these two documented.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b140/Puppenstein/Buzzards2.jpg

LUVMYGUNNER
04-21-2006, 11:29 PM
Great pictures.

Patt
04-22-2006, 12:25 AM
:awww: really cute pics of Puppen. :hearts:

Jacqueline
04-22-2006, 05:44 AM
Keep an eye on those buzzards. Turkey vultures...the ones with red on their heads/faces will not go after anything living, but the blacks have been known to if they are really hungry.

We have both kinds here, and I have to admit (stop throwing things at me people!!!) I love them. They are the neatest things to watch as they glide so effortlessly in the sky. They make their cousin, the eagle, who often flies with them, look graceless. But they and the eagle can be a hazard to small animals, and that includes our kids.

How cool that you saw them, if they are never seen around there. You should see when flocks of them fly on the thermals. It is amazing.

areese
04-22-2006, 05:53 AM
Keep an eye on those buzzards. Turkey vultures...the ones with red on their heads/faces will not go after anything living, but the blacks have been known to if they are really hungry.

We have both kinds here, and I have to admit (stop throwing things at me people!!!) I love them. They are the neatest things to watch as they glide so effortlessly in the sky. They make their cousin, the eagle, who often flies with them, look graceless. But they and the eagle can be a hazard to small animals, and that includes our kids.

How cool that you saw them, if they are never seen around there. You should see when flocks of them fly on the thermals. It is amazing.

I too love vultures...they are the most amazing flyers...just awesomely graceful and hardly ever a flap of a wing. We only have turkey vultures here (no black vultures) and since we have a plethora of road kill...I also think they are really very useful! AND they are a realiable sign of spring (here..not in Florida LOL)
Really cute pictures of Puppen and the sprinkler!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex's Mom
04-22-2006, 06:19 AM
I can't believe my eyes!!!! A dachsie that LIKES water!!:conf2: Alex is beside me saying "oh NO Puppen girlie!!! That's just so WRONG!! We dachsies do NOT DO water! It's in the contract.....!! Kids today!!!" :shocked:

Where I lived last year we didn't have too many vultures, but we had hordes of bald eagles...they're amazing to watch as well, especially when there's 20 of them all at once!

Jacqueline
04-22-2006, 07:15 AM
I can't believe my eyes!!!! A dachsie that LIKES water!!:conf2: Alex is beside me saying "oh NO Puppen girlie!!! That's just so WRONG!! We dachsies do NOT DO water! It's in the contract.....!! Kids today!!!" :shocked:

It rained here today...FINALLY....and when DH got home, pups were raring to go outside....yeah. So he put leashes on them, we walked, uh, raced to the door, opened it, and watched two doxies put it in reverse. :rotfl: :rotfl:

We picked them up and carried them outside. Daisy has decided that she likes being out in the rain. Taffy hates it....but OMG....we can't let little sister (who outweighs her by 2-3 pounds) have, do, see, smell, think or anything....something and her not etc.....went out and got her paws wet for about 2 seconds.

I plan to get them a pool. Dh thought I was nuts, but he now sees that Daisy will enjoy it....and Taffy....well....:rotfl: :rotfl: will force herself.

K2
04-22-2006, 07:23 AM
Great pics, but I love the one of Puppen racing across the water filled yard! Precious!

Mama S.
04-22-2006, 08:59 AM
We have them here also - tons of deer that get hit :( guess it's the circle of life.
SHe looks soooo happy in the sprinkler! Shadow is maniacal about water also - nobody else!
Sandi

Laurie' s Dachshunds
04-22-2006, 09:47 AM
We have plenty of buzzards here & they are U-g-l-y!!!! They do a good job of getting the road kill too. We have deer getting hit by 18-wheelers on the highway now-a-days since the weather has gotten nice.
Scavengers are a good thing.

My Lil' Smokey tries to "catch" the water when I turn on the water hose and when I refill the water bowls. He doesn' t seem to mind getting splashed in the face or drenched by the hose!

My puppers are really good in the tub too. But they don' t like rain.:scratch:

Bella's Mom
04-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Puppen looked like she really enjoyed the water! :banana:

Jen
04-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Great pics! Puppen is loving that sprinkler.

The vultures are cool. When we drove back over the Chesapeake Bay bridge last Nov (coming back from NC) it seemed like every light post on the bridge had a turkey vulture perched on it. Started to make us nervous! ;)