PDA

View Full Version : Cami needs lots of Rays and prayers

catstamm
04-22-2006, 01:43 AM
Just when you think you can relax....I had to take Cami into the vet tonite....she was drinking lots of water and peed at least 15 times today....They did a urine panel and it appears her kidneys aren't filtering her urine.....they did a complete blood panel and I'll know more tomorrow :pray: :pray:
We also had 7 doxies relinquished to us this week ....sometimes there aren't enough hrs in the day to help all the doxies and work 55 hrs a week .... I hope tomorrows a better day and this is all a false alarm :angel7:

samandissy
04-22-2006, 01:46 AM
:bigrayz: :pray:

samandissy
04-22-2006, 01:55 AM
:pray: for our :angel7: Camelot with a big one of these :bighug: for Cami and her Mama.

Patt
04-22-2006, 02:03 AM
OMG, I just saw you post. I am so sorry to hear about Cami, this little girl has been through so much already.

Sending many, many DLC magical :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Cami. I hope she is okay and this is just a slight 'bump' in the road. Please give us an update when you can.

7 Doxies relinquished? Sounds like the rescue orgs in TX. :sosad:

Frzframe
04-22-2006, 03:21 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Many :pray:'s and mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: 's on their way. Give the little sweetie :hug99: 's and kisses for me and my gang.

Alex's Mom
04-22-2006, 06:24 AM
oh Cat, and it was going so well!!! Hopefully just a normal dachsie type glitch!!! LOADS of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Cami, and a :bighug: for you!! Let us know how it's going. (I can't believe how many dogs you guys get surrendered to you!!! It's scary!!)

K2
04-22-2006, 07:32 AM
Oh no!!! Sending Cami mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :pray: :pray: Please keep us posted.

Red Haired Girl
04-22-2006, 07:34 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :pray: :pray: for Cami.

areese
04-22-2006, 08:00 AM
O no...hopeuflly it will turn out to be nothing much..:pray:
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for cami

HotDogMama
04-22-2006, 08:25 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: big rays and lots of :pray: :pray: for the little :angel7: !!!!!!

oceangirls
04-22-2006, 08:30 AM
Oh Cathleen, I'm sorry - sending lots of rayz :rayz::rayz::rayz::bigrayz: for our little Cami. Maybe it was a problem with the anesthesia from her surgery that will resolve.

I'm sorry about all the new dachshund surrenders :(.

Take care of yourself and keep us updated:hug99:

Mama S.
04-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Sending tons of soggy Georgia :bigrayz: that all will be ok!
Sandi

Laurie' s Dachshunds
04-22-2006, 10:12 AM
I really think it' s something to do with the drugs they use for surgery.
When I had Teddy Bear spayed she did that too. And she even threw up the the day after & didn' t eat any food.
Here' s :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: & :pray: :pray: :pray: too for Cami.

catstamm
04-22-2006, 09:57 PM
We got Cami's results....NOTHING MAJOR!!!!!! Her white blood count is high but she doesn't think its from the spay....she think Cami may have been carrying a low grade infection for quit some time and it has progressed....she put her on Calavamox and wants to pull blood again in 2 weeks....for anyone who knows what this means...her monosites were 1600, normal is 800 and her Nutracell (?) was 15000.... Thanks for all your support...cami is saving for her prom dress :angel7: :hearts: :hearts:

K2
04-22-2006, 10:07 PM
I am so happy to hear that news!!! YAY!!!:cheer2: Sending more :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to the little :angel7:

Lisa
04-22-2006, 10:13 PM
Thank you for posting an update!! Lots more :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the gorgeous Cami, hope the infection clears up soon.

:bighug:

Sorry about all the new fosters as well. 5 out and 7 in :sosad: hopefully you are able to find some great forever homes this week too!!

areese
04-22-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm glad it's seeming to not be something horribly serious...:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for getting well very soon!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
04-22-2006, 10:24 PM
I had a god idea that everything would be OK! :D

catstamm
04-22-2006, 11:10 PM
Thank you everyone for all the :hearts: :hearts
Look at this beautiful boy that was relinquished with his brother today ...they are both full papered and 5 yrs old...look at that face!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/catstamm/nelson_puppy_back_porch.jpg

oceangirls
04-22-2006, 11:13 PM
she put her on Calavamox and wants to pull blood again in 2 weeks....for anyone who knows what this means...her monosites were 1600, normal is 800 and her Nutracell (?) was 15000....

monocytes and neutrophils both increase when there is an infection, so that makes perfect sense :) Clavamox is a drug in the penicillin class. I hate to say "yay - great news" for an infection :D but am glad to hear it does not seem to be anything serious!

edit: that little boy is darling; I hope he finds a good home soon (and with his brother if they are very attached).

samandissy
04-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Thank you for letting us know. I know that prayers and good thoughts helped. I am happy that it isn't anything more serious or at least as bad as I was thinking it might be when I first heard about it last night. I love my little Godpuppy. What color dress is she looking for? Susie:duh: , Sam:banana: and Issy:cheer2:

LUVMYGUNNER
04-23-2006, 01:45 AM
Here are some rays:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for her and prayers:pray: :pray: :pray: .

Alex's Mom
04-23-2006, 06:04 AM
Terrific news!!!! :hug99: to both of you, and the other girls of course! Such a cutie pie wire too!

Yolanda
04-23-2006, 07:19 AM
Cat,

Great update and I am glad to read it. More :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

BTW: Nice looking wire you got there also.

catstamm
04-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Susie....why don't all princess's look pretty in pink :hearts:
There is a wheaten wirehair in a shelter above LA.....if anyone can pick him up or get a hold on him....he's a puppy and you can see him on petfinder. His first hold didn't show up and his second is for Monday....It's a 5 hr drive for us! Check it out and see how far it is for you susie. When is you picnic?
The big Dachshund Club of America picnic for us is July 23, in Balboa Park....everyone is welcome!!!

laura
04-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Glad to hear it is nothing serious with Cami. And what a precious wire hair!

:muchlove: for all of you who do the hard rescue work. Let me know if there is ever anything I can help with or do, even if it just donation of $$.

Request...(or it may exist already) Is there a list with all of the doxie rescue sites that DLCer's are involved with?

I would like to know each one and visit the web sites, etc.

Oh and ... I had no idea there was a doxie club of America! Is there a website?

Jen
04-23-2006, 11:56 AM
Wonderful update on Cami. Whew!! More :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the sweetie!

A lovely wire too. I guess lots of surrenders is better than having them stay with families that abuse or neglect them.....but hard to rescuers to get so many at once!! You're all :angel7: s for giving so much of your time and your love to the rescues!

oceangirls
04-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Request...(or it may exist already) Is there a list with all of the doxie rescue sites that DLCer's are involved with?

I would like to know each one and visit the web sites, etc.

Oh and ... I had no idea there was a doxie club of America! Is there a website?

Laura, check out this "sticky" thread in the Adoption/Rescue forum with links to lots of rescue organizations! :)

http://www.doxielovers.com/dlc/showthread.php?t=46

samandissy
04-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Oh Cat, if I picked up that wire in LA you would never see it again. It would be about a 9-10 hour trip for me and if I could I would. Our fundraiser picnic is June 10 in Rio Linda. I'll have to get the website later, I never can remember the whole thing. Pink is what I would go with. Glad she is doing better, are you??? Susie

catstamm
04-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Susie...I meant pick him up for your rescue silly! How many hrs are you from SD...do you think gas will go done in the next month:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

samandissy
04-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Well, gas is over $3.00 here and no sign of it stopping or slowing or reversing. I knew what you meant about the wire. Our rescue is much smaller than the real one in San Diego. I do most of my volunteering on the computer or at the picnic. If I had any kind of a yard, I would have lots of rescues. People that rescue are the best. The problem is I don't rescue, I keep. LOL I hope you are having a much better day and Cami is running around like a crazy puppy. I remember my Mother suggesting I get a tranquilizer for my doxie 26 years ago and then my doxie 7 years ago and I said no way, they are healthy and happy and having fun. The nuttier the better unless they are mean or psycho then they remind me of me. Susie and S and I. Notice anything different with this post?

Tex
04-24-2006, 09:57 AM
Ok Suzie, I'll bite, what's different about the post? Did you change your signature? Anyway, glad to hear that Cami will be ok. Lots of healing:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: . Keep us posted Cathleen!

catstamm
04-25-2006, 02:01 AM
LOL....no she doesn't have any smiley's or animation :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Susie is silly...that's why she's the best...ALWAYS good for a :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tex
04-25-2006, 08:25 AM
OMG your right! Hey Suzie-you ok? Are you sick? Do you have a fever??? Maybe you should go lie down. No smilieys from Suz....I'm confused. I must be on the wrong site. It's all a bad dream........it's all a bad dream.......:sleep1:

Bella's Mom
04-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Glad to hear Cami is okay! :banana: