PDA

View Full Version : I met Charlie today

Frzframe
04-22-2006, 11:19 AM
He is in terrible shape. His fur is dull and flaky, his nails long and torn, he is over weight and his teeth are awful. He is more comfortable being outside in a pen then inside so that is where I met him. He growled and didn't want me to come to close to him but when I sat down on the ground he came up and put his head on my knee. He let me pet him and he trembled while I spoke to him. He let me look at his teeth and I'm afraid he'll loose quite a few of them due to being feed canned food for 8 years.

I wanted to bring him home with me but seeing him I knew it wouldn't do him any good to bring him home only to leave him with strange dogs while I worked today, tonight and all day tomorrow so with a heavy heart I knew it would be best to leave him there until Monday. He is comfortable being where he is even though it's outside and until I can spend some time with him here at home I'm trying to convince myself it was the right choice. :sosad:

lotsadox
04-22-2006, 11:24 AM
It must have been so hard to leave him! :sosad: But you're right, it would be best to leave him there until you can take some time introducing him to the others and spend time with him in a new place. He doesn't realize that his luck in life is about to change for the better! :banana: He's going to live with Aunt Shonda now! :cheer2: :cheer2: Life is good! :hula1: :hula1:

LUVMYGUNNER
04-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Once you get him home he will be better of with you. Thanks for caring.

Jen
04-22-2006, 01:48 PM
I think you made the right decision Shonda. Poor Charlie--but soon he'll be with your family and his life will improve dramatically!!

Mama S.
04-22-2006, 03:32 PM
It is tough but you did the right thing. Just think of the joy when you do bring him home!
Mama

Goob
04-22-2006, 03:51 PM
You did what was best for him, I'm sure the stress of meeting the others would be worse than staying put. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Tex
04-22-2006, 04:47 PM
What you did was for the best. Give us an update when he gets to come home with you. I know he'll love being with you. Good luck!

K2
04-22-2006, 04:52 PM
You did what was right for Charlie~even though it was hard for you. :hug99:

areese
04-22-2006, 05:05 PM
ITA. Hard for you but it would be too hard on him to be with strange dogs without you there. He'll be with you and happy soon. Poor sweet guy. I bet under your loving care he will come around quickly.

Alex's Mom
04-22-2006, 07:55 PM
that's the mark of a true :angel7: ...doing what's best for the pupper, no matter how hard it was on you. Charlie's going to do SO well once he's with you. :hug99: for a long next couple of days.

Patt
04-23-2006, 08:18 PM
ITA with all, you did the right thing even though it was difficult. Very soon he will be discovering :love5: and a happy life.

Sending feel better :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Charlie and big, big :bighug: to you for being his rescue :angel7: .

Yolanda
04-23-2006, 10:35 PM
It is getting closer and clsoer to the time Charlie come home. I am sure you will do wonders for him. Post pictures as soon as you can. Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Charlie.

Bella's Mom
04-24-2006, 02:16 PM
I hope everything is going well today. I'm sure the weekend was hard for you. Remember, everything you do is in his best interest no matter how hard it can be. Big hugs to you. :hug99: