PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from a transport

Mama S.
04-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Harley is a pitt mix who was abandoned in our park and has been chained with a PADLOCK around her neck to a fence for several weeks. I've been working sooo hard to get her a new home and finally got a group in Atlanta to foster her until they can get her a new home!! :banana: :banana: She is such a sweetie! I went to pick her up today and found her soaked to the skin (we had MAOR storms last night) I was sooo :mad2: I thought my head was gonna pop off but I played nice and got her in my truck. She was having NO part of a crate so I left her in the back of the burb to see how she would ride. Went to BK to treat her to a sausage biscuit in celebration and she decided that the front seat had a better view! Ok! So she snored the entire trip to Atlanta while I drove in pouring rain :( saw 8 wrecks in less than 20 miles and :pray: A LOT. She got out went potty walked a bit then jumped into the back seat of her next leg's pick up. I walked around the truck and watched as she navigated to the front seat! Guess our girl aint no back seat driver:rotfl: THen I kissed her good bye , cried a few tears and came home.
I'm tired. Only 200 miles but the strain of the rain has me exhausted so am gonna sniff around the boards a bit more then NAP!!
Mama

Goob
04-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Awee Mama, you're the best. Thanks for caring about Harley. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Linus
04-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Thank you so much for caring about Harley so much!!! :angel7:

You go take that nap, mama. I hate driving long distances, and in rain too??? :faint:

Jen
04-22-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm so glad you got Harley out of that situation, and that you drove safely though tough conditions!! You're an :angel7: Mama, enjoy your nap!

K2
04-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Thanks for helping Harley, Mama!!! :hearts: I'm glad you got home safe and sound. Enjoy your well deserved nap!

Frzframe
04-22-2006, 05:15 PM
She wanted to be close to her rescue :angel7: , Mama. That's why she was in the front with you not for the view silly. Thank you for caring so much. :hearts:

Alex's Mom
04-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Awww, :angel7: Mama! Thanks for helping Harley to her new and better life. :bighug: and take that well-deserved rest.

Chris
04-23-2006, 05:23 PM
A PADLOCK???

Poor thing!

Harley sounds like such a sweetie! I hope that the person that did this gets theirs. I hate to sound so spiteful/revengeful but that is just sick.

lotsadox
04-23-2006, 06:26 PM
You're such an :angel7: Sandi! Good for you for helping Harley! :banana:

Patt
04-23-2006, 08:09 PM
:thanx: for being a rescue :angel7:
Unbelievable, locked with a padlock :faint: Poor baby, happy times ahead for her now.

Bella's Mom
04-24-2006, 02:13 PM
Big hugs to you for taking icare of Harley! :hug99: