PDA

View Full Version : Scooter got locked out!!!

pat42
04-23-2006, 05:12 PM
My little boy Scooter got locked out last nite. My husband had taken our blind fat dog out and Scooter always goes with her and then comes right in.
Well last nite hubby brought the other dog in and thought Scooter had come in so he locked up and closed the blinds. About an 1 1/2 later he came into the living room and asked if Scooter was with me and I said no so we looked through the house and he was nowhere to be found. I checked the front porch and he wasn't there either. We turned on the patio lights and opened the blinds and there he was sitting on the top step. We were so glad to see him for he is always on a leash or a long leash in the yard for we live on 6 acres in the country. So I guess he was out running around but he did know his way home. He is only a year and 3 months but I am proud of him but was very concerned. He is very subdued today but I imagine his cockiness will return soon.

Rafi
04-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Wow!! I'm glad everything worked out at the end. Pogo did the same thing once, but he learned he's lesson and wont sneak out anymore.

Nancy
04-23-2006, 05:51 PM
whew!! glad scooter was hangin' on the front step waiting to come in!

Lisa
04-23-2006, 05:56 PM
You must have be so worried! I am thrilled everything is okay and Scooter is A-okay. They are that cute for a reason, while you're panicking he is out having a grand ol' time! :snoopy:

Goob
04-23-2006, 06:03 PM
I have a feeling that maybe he got out there, and realized he has it pretty good in the house, so he came home! :D

oceangirls
04-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Yikes! I'm glad he was easily found.:cheer2: I have never locked one out, but have accidentally locked one in a room once or twice and not realized it until I heard barking or whining :D

Jen
04-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Whew, I'm so glad you found Scooter waiting on the step like a good boy. It must have been a scary moment!!

Mama S.
04-23-2006, 08:05 PM
EEkkks I'm sooo glad he was smart enuff to get home! I got in from Atlanta yesterday to find Aurora on my front porch! with Michael not at home. When he finally got home I blasted him . He put her in the backyard to be with the herd but didn't know that I had the dog door closed so she couldn't get in. SO her prissiness digs her way out of my yard AARGGG then lounges on the front porch till Nana showed up..
Sandi

Tex
04-23-2006, 08:13 PM
So glad everything worked out ok. My mom accidentally locked Julie into the office in their house 2 Christmas ago. We were looking for her everywhere. I knew I had closed all of the doors to various rooms earlier in the day, so we didn't check in their first. We were really worred for a while because I had gone outside to get something out of the car and the front door didn't latch behind me. We thought she might have followed me out. Keep in mind she was only a year old at this time (her b-day is Dec. 26). The worst part was it had started snowing!!!!! Now for a lot of you that's no big deal-but we were in Houston, Texas.......we don't do snow. Anyway, she must have fallen asleep because we were running around the house calling her name for like an hour. Finally, mom said she had gotten the camera out of the office (to take pics of the snow-yes, we do that down here), and that's when I checked the office and there was Julie, happy as a clam. I could have killed my mom for not telling me that she went in there sooner. Food for thought I guess.

Patt
04-23-2006, 08:57 PM
That is scary, I'm always double checking the house pets to make sure everyone is accounted for. I'm glad it was a happy ending.

Laurie' s Dachshunds
04-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Whew! Bet that was scary :duh: I don' t have to worry 'bout mine sneeking out of the house, they know they got it good!

Lisa
04-24-2006, 06:02 AM
How is Scooter doing now? Is he sticking right by the door when you let him out?

pat42
04-24-2006, 10:19 PM
he is back to his yappy barking self today. I think he was running around for the 1 1/2 hours he was locked out or he would have been barking and yiping and he was'nt. So we will just have to keep a better eye on him cause these doxie's love to challenge you.