PDA

View Full Version : Pee pee Tasha strikes again--and again!

Jen
04-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Geez, we're gonna start taking her downstairs with a towel over our arm, waiter style, I swear!

I took her down on Sat, ran into our neighbor, miss Tasha peed all over my arm (soaked into my sweater so it didn't fit the floor) when Angie petted her.

Rich and Tasha ran into Angie yesterday on their way out--and she peed on Rich. :rotfl: Finally on daddy too!

lotsadox
04-24-2006, 01:07 PM
I think diapers are definitely in order if only to save your clothes! :rotfl:

Michelle
04-24-2006, 01:42 PM
OH Jen, I am so sorry you are having such a hard time with this, I think Tasha is just so excited about your new place, she just can't help herself,, I would get some of those diapers ASAP, glad she finally got Rich at least once...

Jen
04-24-2006, 01:52 PM
The problem with diapers is she's on the way out for walkies, and we'd just have to take them off her as soon as we got outisde--and we never know when we might run into our neighbor. Sooo, I think a washcloth on our arm between THE area of Tasha and our clothes might work. We could just put it in our pocket once we're safely outside. Hopefully she'll get over it--though the more she sees Angie, the worse it gets. :scratch:

areese
04-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Geez...you need a big sign saying Please Do NOT Pet The Peepee Dog until she's coming back in...hopefully with less pee to pee... But a towel is a good idea....save your clothes.
Laika used to have some submissive wetting problems but for the most part they are gone. ONly if she gets really really excited now she might do a little squirt. It DID help if she got to run out and pee before she got petted. She did squirt Gary (our agility instructor) the other day but there wasn't much to squirt thank goodness (she's one of those dogs that flips over immediately when someone goes to pet her)
Owen says to tell you guys he would NEVER EVER peepee on anyone. He's such a suck-up.

quavec
04-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Is she doing this prior to them reaching out to pet her? Like when she SEES these people approaching her? If so, maybe a towel over her head until you can sit her down? I know that sounds kind of silly, but it might help?

My PeePee dog says hello to yours! :)

Jen
04-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Yes, it starts when she hears Angie's voice...so a towel over the head is out too. Its been under 2 months we've lived here, so hopefully she'll settle down and not be so anxious about it soon. Tasha still whines when Angie pets her. I set Tasha on the floor after she peed on my Sat and Tasha had the oddest submissive poses...afraid to approach her too closely. But it gave me a chance to talk about Tasha's history....and why she's so shy/submissive.

Mama S.
04-24-2006, 02:49 PM
Poor Mama - potty baby issues>> Lots of :bigrayz: in hopes that something finally works!
Mama

Bella's Mom
04-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Too funny! Pee pee Tasha strikes again....love it! :rotfl:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
04-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Can you try taking her out in a pet carrier? I think I would try that.

jenfer
04-25-2006, 12:33 AM
Poor Jen. How about some headset? lol.

Tanya
04-25-2006, 12:53 AM
Geez, Jen...It's kind of funny, but I can't imagine how frustrating. I would ask Angie not to say anything when you see her and to simply ignore you and Tasha. Could she then follow you to an area where you could put Tasha on the ground so Angie could greet her?

Even then, I'd suggest you put her on the ground and have Angie ignore her for a few minutes. Then let Tasha approach Angie rather than Angie approaching her. If Angie is willing to try it, it might be worth a shot. Such a tough thing to work on!

Jen
04-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Sadly, I don't think she's enough of a dog person to go along with it. Mostly its a chatting in the hall relationship. But we'll see how things progress.

lizzieb38
05-07-2006, 07:09 PM
"willie don't pee on me!" is heard in our house at least once a week. My son's best friend gets it every time he comes over. Beanie is just so excited to see him. Sometimes if I've been away from home for awhile, he's so happy I'm back, that I have to rush him outside,or I'll be yelling "don't pee on me"!!:rotfl:

Tex
05-08-2006, 08:53 AM
Poor Jen.....and poor Tasha! Sorry ya'll are having such a rough time with the pee pee routine. I don't have much advice, but I do like the ideas other people have posted so far. Sending big anti-pee :bigrayz: your direction.

JuneyTrixie
05-08-2006, 01:29 PM
If Tasha is still doing weird fearful poses when she is put down, then she may be anxious because she senses that Angie is not a dog person. People can act totally different in front of you and away from you. I would just carry a towel.