PDA

View Full Version : L J update

isobelsmom
12-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Thought I would write a quick update on little Lawrence Jason since I had three people ask me how he is doing.

Weeeellllll....Sutures are out. Good thing. Eating normally and not licking the rugs (unless busted). Good thing. No more grand mal seizures. Good thing. Loss of major bladder control. Bad thing.

His intake and output are equal now. Last week his UA sample was like water and scared both my vet and myself until it came back normal. We just scratched our heads as he is not PUPD. I (last night) just put a brand new fleece blankie (that hoogramma bought all the wieners) in his crate, he let out one warning squeak/warble and, well, out comes the fleece and in goes a pee pad and a towel.

Weird thing is....no peeing when he sleeps with me. :scratch:

He tests neg for everything and there is nothing we can give him to strengthen bladder control like you can females.....poor little guy.

Other than that, he is ready to go and snuggle to the best of his ability. I am so thankful that I still have my baby love with me! I'll post a great pic of him in the other forum. It was taken summer before last at a dachsie-fest. He hated me for days after that incident! :angel7:

Helen
12-10-2005, 08:01 PM
I remember that he was quite sick for awhile, and he had the very large bowel obstruction. Did you figure out it was because he was licking the rugs?

And is the bladder loss a result of that surgery? I'm sorry, I must have missed your last post between figuring out what was wrong and this one. Lots of :rayz: :rayz: for LJ, and I'm glad he's home with you. Thanks for the update!

lotsadox
12-10-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm so glad that LJ is doing well. I have a compulsive licker (Bogart). He loves to lick Cash's long hair. :shocked: Now everytime I see him licking Cash I make him stop and tell him "I don't want to be in the emergency room with you because you have a hair ball!" I don't think it makes much of an impression on him.

Lisa
12-10-2005, 08:23 PM
Glad to here L J is doing better! Still sending him lots more :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: Is it possible the bladder can tighten on it's own?

Patt
12-11-2005, 02:48 AM
:thanx: for the update. I'm glad to hear LJ is doing a little better, poor little guy has been through so much.
Sending many get well :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: to him to get his bladder under control. :pray:

Loren
12-11-2005, 08:12 AM
that he's SO much better other than the bladder control. Wonder if any supplements could help that?

isobelsmom
12-11-2005, 09:07 AM
Helen, No, you didn't miss a post. I just got ahead of myself. When I saw the piece of obstruction they saved for me (8" out of 15") I almost passed out. It was a hairball (of sorts) and it had collected not only food, and hair, but L J's Phenobarb (you cold see pices of the pills). That's why he was having those monster break-thru grand mals.

When L J came home, I simply watched him and his behavior. Any time he "thinks" food had/has fallen he will lick the area. Well, this was happening mainly on my throw rugs that I just shook out to clean...not any more!!! He was licking the rugs....Now, I bust his little hiney.

I am not going to have a repeat $1200 vet bill!!!
:hissy: :scared1: :faint: :mlala: ( the smilies are in the order of my emotional responses!)

Thank you all for the rayz...and the bladder may tighten a little bit...just have to keep an eye and ear on him.

And Loren, If you could find a supplement for this I would be forever in your debt...within reason, of course! :boogie:

Jen
12-11-2005, 10:19 AM
We'll I'm glad to hear LJ is on the mend, though the bladder control issue doesn't sound fun. :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for continued improvement!

Helen
12-11-2005, 10:30 AM
Thank you for clearing that up for me. More rayz for sweetie pie LJ. :rayz: :rayz: :rayz:

oceangirls
12-11-2005, 05:23 PM
we will keep sending some rayz for continued bladder improvement!!!:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: . It's nice that he doesn't do it when sleeping with you, but I guess that is not an option 24 hours a day :D Too bad.

K2
12-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the update, Mary. I'm glad you found the source of his huge hairball. Continued healing :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for LJ.

Loren
12-11-2005, 06:41 PM
I will do some investigating and let you know what I come up with in terms of supplements.

Loren
12-11-2005, 07:02 PM
I might start off with this:

BLADDER

Belladona 4x, Apis mellifica 6x, Argentum nitricum 6x, Cantharis 6x, Equisetum hyemale 6x, Sarsaparilla 6x, Causticum 8x, Petroselinum sativum 8x, Terebinthina 8x, Vesica urinaria 10x

gotten from www.naturalrearing.com

or something from here perhaps:

Description
Kidni Kare is a urinary formula that regulates and strengthens the musculature and urinary tract structural support. It is also helpful in toning the membranes of the urinary system to reduce leakage. Its soothing and restorative properties also relieve irritation and general weakness in all the pelvic organs.

http://b-naturals.com/default.php?cPath=38&PHPSESSID=d23853ad2b6537998f37d0f221360fc7

or this one:

http://www.naturalcanine.com/html/incontinence.html

isobelsmom
12-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Holy Moley, Loren....thank you. Will investigate as he went through another towel and pee pad after 1 small squeak!

oceangirls
12-11-2005, 08:05 PM
poor little dog! :hearts:

Loren
12-12-2005, 07:16 AM
that I order things from both b-naturals and natural rearing. Marina of Natural Rearing would be glad to talk to you and give you some suggestions and info if you call.