PDA

View Full Version : Duckies Vet Visit 4/25

Yolanda
04-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Ladies,

Mr. Duckie was a very good boy today on his visit. He never made a sound, just smiled at the vet. Yes, he can smile and shows his teeth. It is so cute. Like Jill's Lizzy does.

He weights a good 12.1 pounds, he is heartworm negative, and his teeth are in good shape. According to Dr. Grissom, the vet he was at in MD was a true homeopathic and his treatment was exceptional starting March 29th. He was given Discus, and natural anti-inflammatory meds, pulsating magnetic therapy, aquapuncture (this is NOT a typo - it is water acupuncture) w/homopathic remedies. The standard protocol for a homopathic vet.

He also was given "natural" vaccines, howver they are not recognized by Virginia and I had to get his shots done today. Since he was given vaccines today we are going to start a new round of acupuncture next week.

His injury probably started in late Oct 2005 and was re-injured about March 29, 2006. He herinated a disc high in his back and it is healed over. He does have minimal deep pain and reacts to the toe pinch when using a pair of "pliers." She was very surprised he has the ability to "draw his anus into a pucker" and his tail responds to touch. He does try to push back with his feet.

Dr G. thinks with continued water therapy and acupuncture for at least 4-6 weeks he may regain more use of his back legs. He will never be perfect but he might be able to wobble. I was told not to crate him and to encourage him to get up on his back legs and use the cart as a walker only to support his legs and not as just a means to get around. She ordered some more of the Discus Comp and Discus Suis for me to keep on hand for him since he was started on it.

It was a very interesting and very imformative vet appointment today.

Patt
04-25-2006, 07:08 PM
I love when they smile. :D Nice to hear he's in pretty good shape and has had helpful treatments previously. I hope the treatments continue to help Duckie. :crossfin: Sounds like you have a wonderful vet in Dr. G.

Sending walking :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Duckie. :hearts:

Jen
04-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Wow, sounds like Duckie is doing just ducky--all things considered. :crossfin: the acupuncture works. Sounds like he's got a lot of spirit!!

K2
04-25-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm glad he was a smiling dude for the vet! Sounds like he did very well. Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :pray: :pray: for Duckie!!

lotsadox
04-25-2006, 08:15 PM
That's great news, Yolanda! I"m so glad that there is some hope of his getting back some strength and walking ability. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Tex
04-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Great news for Duckie:cheer2: . Jax smiles too, just not at the vet:dogwalk:

Bella's Mom
04-26-2006, 10:32 AM
What a great day for Duckie! So glad his visit was positive as well as informative. Big :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: coming your way for continued improvement. Go Duckie Go! :cheer2:

HotDogMama
04-26-2006, 05:26 PM
YAY for Duckie!! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Lots more rays that everything stays that way!!

Mama S.
04-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Great news! I'd be a puckerin too if somebody was pinchin my toes:rotfl: So glad he got such a good visit!
Sandi