View Full Version : Juney got beat up yesterday!!

JuneyTrixie
04-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Poor little Juney. She was so frightened.

I put a retractable leash on Juney thinking that this would be more fun for her. If you look at a retractable leash, you’ll see that the design is such that the handle is this heavy plastic container where the leash retracts into.

Last night while walking Juney and Trixie, I accidentally lost the handle and the leash automatically retracted. Unfortunately, it retracted right into Juney! Juney ran and ran from that thing beating into her. I’m running after her, screaming, and fearing that she might run away, never to be seen again! Finally, I stopped and squatted, while calling to her gently. She ran towards me, while trying to escape that horrible handle. I finally catch her and take back the handle. She allowed me to pick her up to give her comfort, and then took off like nothing ever happened. I kept a harder hold onto that handle.

Juney’s mommy is doing fine now, but I think that I will get something to wrap around the handle, then attach it to my wrist so that this will not happen again.

Tanya
04-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Poor Juney! Scarey leash! :shocked:

In Piper's obedience class the other night, a lady tied her big B&T Coonhound (Clyde) to a bench in the facility while she helped set-up. Well, Clyde moved a little and the bench moved and made a sound. This scared him and he took off...WITH this big bench in tow!!! :rotfl: All of the dogs went insane! Poor Clyde was so upset.

Patt
04-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Wow that is scary. :shocked: Kudos to you for quick thinking of stopping, squatting down and calling to her gently. :appl:
A happy ending. :sausage:

Jen
04-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Very scary!! Glad she was a good girl and came back to you!!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
04-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Awww! Poor pupper! I think the handle design is not too good. It' s not too easy to hold onto.

HotDogMama
04-28-2006, 11:43 AM
:hearts: :hug99: for Juney and Mom!!

I have done that to Molly, twice!! She hates those things now, she jumped at a noise or something when I was putting it on her one time INSIDE and I dropped it and she ran through the whole house with that thing bangin into the wall, and her making even more noise and went straight under the bed!! Took me forever to get her outta there, now when she sees it she just lays down and doesn't move until I get it on her, poor things!!

Tex
04-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Have you ever tried to walk two doxies on two different retractable leashes? Needless to say our handles get dropped alot. I'm glad Julie has learned to just stop and stand still & Jax just doesn't care if it hits him in his little bum. I think he thinks it's a game. Glad everything worked out ok.

K2
04-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Poor Juney! I'm glad she came back to you! Good girl, Juney! :appl:

Michelle
04-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Poor Juney,, What a scary thing for her to have that nasty handle coming and smacking into her like that.. glad to hear that she is OK,

lotsadox
04-28-2006, 12:33 PM
Oh, Faye, that is so scary for Juney and for you. I use the retractable leashes when I walk the dogs on the golf course and had the same thing happen once. It's awful! :shocked:

oceangirls
04-29-2006, 09:29 AM
darn plastic! Quick thinking to stop running and calmly call her:appl: !