PDA

View Full Version : One of those days

jenfer
12-10-2005, 10:29 PM
We came home from agility class. I almost trip in class. Gigi won't go into the tunnel. Won't pay attention to me. I don't know where I am going... etc. I should be glad that it didn't happen the whole class, but when everyone else is doing perfectly it kind of make me go "sigh".
(Just want to rant a bit that's all)

Lisa
12-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Don't get frustrated, I found when I took Pixel that he really just got full 1/2 way through class. It might help you in the future if don't feed her breakfast or dinner before class - that way she will be good and hungry to work for you.

One other tip was to practise just the total basics of name recognition and sit, down, stay just to get her completely focused.

Now hopefully you will get more tips from members, because Pixel totally sucked at agility (he's still my little baby though!)...he did great at the obedience part but the agility just wasn't for him.

Also never compare her to the other dogs, everyone learns at their own pace, and look how HUGE the equipment would look through the eyes of a doxie. Be patient and have FUN, because she will also read your frustration and it may confuse her.

jenfer
12-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Thanks. :D

She is not always like that, she loves agility and adores her trainer BIG TIME. haha. It's just that she was like this last class as well and I was hoping this time will be better. I am sure it will get better.

Patt
12-11-2005, 02:35 AM
Good suggestions from Lisa, I'm sure it will get better I think Gigi is just trying your patience now. Good luck and keep us posted.

Jen
12-11-2005, 10:48 AM
They do get their moods too! Yesterday when we went to the park Tasha refused to come out of her sherpa!!! :shocked: Once she was out she had a great time--but we were stunned as she loves the park. Just in a mood.....

jenfer
12-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Yup, probably she is testing me again.

Thanks Gi. ;)

Linus
12-11-2005, 02:28 PM
You gotta watch those little divas, they have minds of their own and what they say goes! Oh wait, maybe that's all doxies :scratch: :lol: