PDA

View Full Version : Little bumpies inside the ear

Anatresia
12-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Kind of gross, just so you know.

Miss Rigby has these little bumpies that look like very small pimples (not whiteheads- just little bumps) inside her ear by the foldy parts. What do you think they might be? The vet didn't see/mention them and Paul just pointed them out to me now. :scratch:

Courtney
12-11-2005, 12:26 AM
Gosh, I don't know but my first thought is a staph issue...I have never heard of that!

Linus
12-11-2005, 01:15 AM
Bailey used to get those sometimes. If they are around where she has hair, they may be ingrown hairs...at least that's what the vet said when I took Bailey. They tend to clear up on their own. If they are in the skin part, I don't know. Hope they don't bother Miss Rigby too much!

Patt
12-11-2005, 01:27 AM
I'm not sure, it could be nothing and will clear up in a few days. Perhaps it could be a mites. I would keep an eye on it and if it doesn't clear up she should see the vet. Sending ear :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: to Miss Rigby.

LUVMYGUNNER
12-11-2005, 01:29 AM
I would call the vet and see what he says.

isobelsmom
12-11-2005, 09:16 AM
There could be a couple reasons...most have been stated. Without seeing the bumps, and going on how you explained them, it sounds like 1 of 2 things.... either ingrown hairs like Linsey said...or, since they are in the folds, sometimes a small hematoma can form if she has baged her ears or has rubbed them on the wall or floor.

Let me ask you this: Are they in BOTH ears? How many are there? And where exactly do they reside in her ear(s)? Have a pic of them I could see? Then I may be able to help you more.

Staph usually manifests differently as do mites..no offense intended. If they don't hurt her, let them alone and try not to pop or pick, as that can open the door to a staph infection.

Hope this helps...and :rayz: :rayz: for da ears of Miss Rigby!!

Jen
12-11-2005, 10:16 AM
No advice, just tons of :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for Rigby!

Helen
12-11-2005, 10:32 AM
No advice here either, but :rayz: :rayz: for Rigby. I hope you figure it out!

oceangirls
12-11-2005, 05:25 PM
if you can get a clear picture of them, you might post it for us. In the meantime, sending rayz :) :rayz: :rayz: :rayz:

HotDogMama
12-12-2005, 04:09 AM
Molly had something like that but they were more on the middle of the inside, but they looked like little pimples, my vet said to put benadryl cream on them... it cleared them up just fine, but the funny thing is that she only got them when it got close to time to go to the vet. I always thought they had something to do with stress ?!? He didn't seem too concerned with them and come to think of it I haven't seen them since she finished all her puppy shots! :scratch: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: hope she clears up soon!