View Full Version : Wienie dog races and get together???

lizzieb38
04-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Does anyone have any ideas about organizing races and get togethers. I do live in "the college town" of Wyo, and know several people who have wienies (I'm sorry, but that's what we call them out here). I'm just not really sure how to go about getting everyone together. The fact that I'm even on this site asking people I don't even know for advice etc., is totally amazing to me!!!! HELP if you can.:pray:

Patt
04-29-2006, 01:27 AM
Sorry I can't help you. I'm sure other members will be able to give you some tips. :banana:

areese
04-29-2006, 05:21 AM
You could put up some flyers and arrange a play day or something to get started. Pet stores often have a bulletin board but since you are in a college town there's prob. LOTS of places to put them up...
There's a meet-up site on the 'net (if you don't already do that) http://dachshund.meetup.com/
and you can start a local group then organize events. Out here there's a weener race near us and it is organzied by a radio station...
um..that's all I can think of right now..... :)

K2
04-29-2006, 08:52 AM
The meetup site is great!! You should be able to find others in your area through threre. Good luck!

Tex
04-29-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm the co-organizer of our meetup. We use the site Amy posted. The organizer is on here too. We have a great time. I like the flyers idea.....could you also maybe put a post in your local college newspaper about meetings? I know our paper does that. Good luck.