PDA

View Full Version : My heart is broken

squirrel818
04-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Thursday afternoon I was taking Annie for a walk to get some ice cream and she slipped her collar. I called her and she wouldn't come. She led my on a chase all over the neighborhood but every time I got within 50 feet of her she would bolt. My poor girl. She was so scared and unable to trust. I don't know what was done to her in her past but it left her with deep trauma and distrust of humans. She would come into the yard on thurs night but would not get close to the house. I put her favorite food out for her but she would not come near.
Friday morning I didn't see her but I left some food out for her and went to work. After work I found her by the side of a busy road near my house. She was hit by a car and she was gone. I feel so terrible today. I really wanted to be able to help her and I loved her. Thats an awful end for her when she still had so much life left to live. She never knew that people can be kind and dogs can be loved and safe. I can't write anymore right now, I'm so sorry.

Laurie' s Dachshunds
04-29-2006, 09:31 AM
:shocked: OMGosh! :sosad: Sorry to hear that! :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: for you, I know you must feel really bad.

Anatresia
04-29-2006, 09:39 AM
That is so tragic! My sympathies!!:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Alex's Mom
04-29-2006, 09:50 AM
I am so so very sorry to hear this...Alex and I will light a candle tonight for Annie. You're wrong about her not living long enough to know that people can be kind...she had you, even if for only a little while. Hopefully when the worst of this has passed, you'll be able to take a little comfort in that. Thank you for caring, and giving her love. :hug99:

Tex
04-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Hold on, need to get the :tissue: . You are so wonderful to have tried to help her. Now she's a doggie :angel7: watching over you. Sending big :hug99: s.

Lisa
04-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Amy,

I am so, so, so sorry!!! This is so sad, but it is not your fault she had these issues - she has only known love since she came to know you. :bighug:

:candle2: :candle2: :candle2:

Jen
04-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Oh Amy, my heart breaks with you. You did your best for Annie, but she was just too damaged by the cruel people in her life before she found your loving home. I cannot imagine the horror at finding your beloved girl by the side of the road. :sad1: :sad2: :bighug: She knew a few shorts weeks of love, that's a huge gift you gave to her, and I know she loved you for it.

We're here if you need to talk, but if you need time away to grieve, we understand. :hug99:

oceangirls
04-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Oh Amy! I'm SO sorry this happened. You poor thing:hug99: It's not fair!! Dogs slip out of their collars or get out of fences all the time (mine escaped their harnesses as puppies)... they are just easier to catch when some IDIOT hasn't abused them horribly in the past. That little girl DID know love in your home, and she will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge with a big lick.

You go hug Weenie and Cricket and take care of yourself... we will be here when you want to come back and talk about it - or not. Lots of :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: to you.

Michelle
04-29-2006, 10:50 AM
:sad3: :sad3: Oh Amy, I am so so sorry to hear about Annie :bighug: :bighug:

I am just bawling right now, that is such a tragedy :tissue: :tissue:

I'm going to light a candle tonight for Annie, she is watching over you now and is someplace safe..

I am so so sorry!!!!!!!

Linus
04-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Oh Amy, I am so sorry! Sending lots of :pray: :pray: and :bighug: your way.

lotsadox
04-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Oh, Amy, I'm so sorry. :hug99: :hug99: Annie knew love from you. She just hadn't learned to trust it yet. You were the most positive thing in her life and you did all that you could for her. Take care and know that she and you are loved. :hearts:

HotDogMama
04-29-2006, 12:13 PM
Amy, I am very sorry to hear of your loss, she was loved by you and your family, but just didn't know what to do with it. I hope to see you soon, but I understand that you need time to grieve, remember we are here for you! :hug99:

laura
04-29-2006, 12:16 PM
My heart is broken too! I am so disturbed by this tragedy! I hope she is at peace! Thank you for trying to help her!

Helen
04-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Amy, I am so sorry this happened. Please share your grief with us as much as you need. We will always be here for you. :hug99:

JanUet
04-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Amy,

I am So Sorry for your loss. I'm sure Annie knew deep down in her heart that you loved her and cared for her. You were the only light in her life.
Please know that we are here for you ALWAYS!

I will light a :candle: for her tonight
Sending a Big comforting :bighug: to you my friend :hearts:

K2
04-29-2006, 04:50 PM
I am so sorry!! My :heart: goes out to you. :hug99:

Nancy
04-29-2006, 05:00 PM
Amy, I am so sorry!

Molly and I have lit a candle for you.

Frzframe
04-29-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. :hug99:

Chris
04-29-2006, 11:16 PM
I am so sorry, Amy.

Thank you being their for Annie at just the time she needed you to step into her life. You are an :angel7:

Patt
04-30-2006, 02:31 AM
I am so sorry Amy. I will keep you and Annie in my thoughts and prayers. A :candle3: is lit in CA to honor her.

areese
04-30-2006, 05:27 AM
I can't tell you how sorry I am. A million hugs for you and all who loved her. And she was loved...that has to have made a difference.

Fluffy
04-30-2006, 09:49 AM
Oh Amy, I am so so sorry. You gave Annie the best few weeks of her life. I believe she did know you loved her, she just didn't know what to do with it as well. You did everything you could for her. :rayz: for the newest :angel7: at the bridge, and :pray: and :rayz: for you, DH and Weenie and Cricket. Take all the time you need, but if you need anything, you know how to reach me. :hearts:

Rae
05-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Oh dear dog. I just found this post after having been off for a while. Amy I am so very sorry to hear your sad news. I cannot imagine the sadness in your heart.

Poor Annie- finally hit the jackpot and did not know what to do with it. God love.... She did know love, but sometimes the hurt and the fear are too deeply ingrained to overcome.

Bless you for taking such good care of her during your short time together. It matters, and I am truly sorry for your loss, dear one.:hug99:

quavec
05-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Amy I am so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you. YOu tried. You showed her love in the time you had her. She is at the bridge now, where taht is all she will know. :angel7: