PDA

View Full Version : Best Buddies

Chris
04-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Someone had a bath today. More than one someone.

Now they are sleeping because they are so relaxed
Looks like someone has a new pal.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/cmastrangelo/bestfriends.jpg

The big girl goes to mastiff rescue sometime during the week.

Ollie will probably be upset. But that means he can have another doggie guest some other time, and he loves new doggie visitors.

Goob
04-29-2006, 03:31 PM
How cute is that!??!!?!

JanUet
04-29-2006, 03:38 PM
What a sweet picture!

Just to buds----chillin' out! :awww:

Lisa
04-29-2006, 03:54 PM
That is just a great picture!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

K2
04-29-2006, 04:45 PM
They look so adorable together!!! :hearts: It's true :love5:

Tex
04-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Cute pics!!!! It's always nice when our little ones get along well with others.

oceangirls
04-29-2006, 10:39 PM
Your "someones" are so adorable!! That is a GREAT picture... people pay for pictures that aren't that cute on greeting cards :D

Chris
04-29-2006, 11:12 PM
We got the kiddie pool out, the hose, shampoo and a tupperware bowl to pour water over her. We don't have kiddies, but we bought it for our doxies a few summers ago. My dog growing up used to love the little pool so we thought they would too. We just stood the big girl in it so she wouldn't get mud everywhere in the yard. Her fur is so much softer and she smells a LOT better that's for sure.

I am definitely a convert as far as never knowing a mastiff in my whole life (the closest was my parents' akita size wise) and finding out how wonderful they are. (ALMOST as wonderful as dachsies). Though we are not going to own one, I definitely know what to do the next time we find one that needs help (food volume wise, etc)

Ollie had a regular bath in the house (no fun, huh?) and he fell asleep again laying on the couch with a chewy sticking out of his mouth like a cigar (i took the chewy out as I didn't want him to hurt himself- and of course he instantly woke up to get it back!)

Alex is on the bath list next...

Patt
04-30-2006, 02:33 AM
Aww what a gorgeous Mastiff. Great photo of the two. :)

Nancy
04-30-2006, 07:34 AM
awww, why dont you keep the mastif? Ollie needs company you know!!

Chris
04-30-2006, 10:06 AM
Well...the reason we are not keeping her is to leave room for another doggie that needs us. If we keep her, we can't help another dog. And we already got a phone call from the rescue asking if we would. (that's a whole other story and we don't know what we are doing yet. Its taking a HW positive dog for a month to get them through their treatments)

The big girl is safe and sheltered in our florida room, but I think the best thing for her is to be in a family where the sun rises and sets on her, and she gets to roam around the house with the family. Our house is not gigantic. Our florida room is part of the foundation of the house, but its just screened in.
The weather is just fine...not too hot nore too cold for her so it works out. So our home is a safe and good one for her, but not the best she could do. I am sure the mastiff rescue has a family that has been praying for a girl exactly like this, just like we were looking and looking to find our boys.

Chris

Bella's Mom
05-02-2006, 02:11 PM
What a great picture! They look so cute together. :hearts:

Mama S.
05-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Beautiful picture! Hope she finds a wonderful forever home!
Sandi

Chris
05-02-2006, 08:14 PM
I have an update :appl:

But i am running out the door...will be back later!!

it's a good update :)

Chris
05-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Here's the update...

the good girl leaves us tomorrow night (thursday). We will be meeting the great gal from mastiff rescue halfway between our two places. Friday morning she will be spayed. If blood work and a cat test go smoothly....she will then be going home for good!

There was a home visit last weekend with a wonderful family that wasn't right for one particular dog, but would be perfect for her. It's a doctor and her husband. They have homes in two places, and wanted a mastiff who didn't want to be kenneled but wants to come WITH them. The good girl loooves car rides and loves to be near her people. This will be perfect.

I am really happy for her!

The downside is that she is really coming out of her shell and feeling settling in here, and I feel so rotten that she is going to be uprooted again, but this time will be for good. It might be scarey to her at first, but once she realizes she is never going to be bounced around again, she will be happy i am sure!