PDA

View Full Version : Our 1st Booth at a street Fair!!!

catstamm
04-30-2006, 12:33 AM
A 5 to 5 day w/ 8 homeless doxie!!!! OK so we have never put up a canopy...:rotfl: :rotfl: Check out our new logo on our sign...my friends designed it :banana: :banana:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/catstamm/IMG_2554.jpg

Tanya
04-30-2006, 12:36 AM
That is an awesome logo! Love it!! :banana:

Congrats on your first booth! :appl:

samandissy
04-30-2006, 12:41 AM
So, Cat, how did it go today? Do you go back tomorrow? I do like the logo and the canopy. I didn't know anything was wrong with it until I read your post. I am real observant : Susie , Sam and Issy:

Rafi
04-30-2006, 12:52 AM
Congrats on the booth. The Logo looks great and all the other artwork too.

Alex's Mom
04-30-2006, 07:00 AM
Looks great, Cat!!! I :hearts: the logo, and the canopy looks fine (unless of course, a high wind shows up :) Did you get lots of people by?

K2
04-30-2006, 07:40 AM
I love the logo!!! And the pic of the three doxies in the background is very cute too! How'd it go today?

Tex
04-30-2006, 09:10 AM
Love the logo!!!! Hope things went well, keep us posted. Give Cami a hug from me!:bighug:

Anatresia
04-30-2006, 09:12 AM
OMG! I do a lesson where the kids have to take a word and turn the word into a drawing and my example is, of course, a dachshund made from the word "dachshund" and it's VERY similar to that logo! The head is a "D" and the letters make up the tail and legs on my teacher product, though. :) Needless to say, I think that yours is a great logo!:rotfl:

catstamm
04-30-2006, 12:52 PM
It was interesting to say the least but, a lot of fun...People are funny....I could count on 2 hands how many peoples 1st question was, "How much is it to BUY one?" ...then you have to go into the whole "they aren't FOR SALE:duh: :scratch: :shocked: :rolleyes: ...they are rescues for adoption and there is a process....blah blah" Hopefully we will get a lot of emails and application.....everyone keep your fingers crossed! And then there are all the crazy parents that let there kids and toddlers stick thier faces and arms over the xpens...you have to constantly be watching everyone!!! We took 8 doxies with us and they all behaved themselves...they were terrific...we were soooo proud of them. The hard part is taking them back to the kennel or thier foster homes :sosad: We did have a lady who fell in love with Hans...the wheel chair buddy...hopefully she will turn out to be great!!! The best part is EVERYTIME a dog larger than a doxie walked by....it was a display of sychronized barking...the bigger the dog the more rukus they created :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: We're BIG DOGS...NOT DOXIES...don't mess w/ us!:rotfl: :rotfl:
And of course Cami is ALWAYS a crowd pleaser and a box office draw...everyone wants to adopt her (how funny hu) They change thier minds real quick when you give them an estimate of what her medical care may cost! But, I think we ALL know where Cami will be for the rest of her life! Right!

Lisa
04-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Love the logo! I hope all the pups find their forever homes really soon!! Lots of adoption :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: coming your way!

LUVMYGUNNER
04-30-2006, 07:12 PM
This is just awesome--love the little house and fire hydrant--are they wood? Do you sell them?? Just want everyone to know I got a Cami calender and it is realy nice so please if you guys can, buy one!!!!!

Goob
04-30-2006, 07:22 PM
I accidently lost your PM about the location and spent an hour googling "San Diego Gardens" and "San Diego Dachshund events" etc. Whah. I was all ready to go and then couldn't find the PM! :(

JanUet
04-30-2006, 07:30 PM
I :love5: the logo! Gives me a great idea for a Tattoo! :cheer2:

I wouldn't mind that picture in the background on my livingroom wall! *hint* *hint*

Looks like you had a Great Day! :cheer2:

samandissy
04-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Speaking of that picture of three dogs in the background, Cat, is one of them a wildboar?:rotfl:

Patt
04-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Great logo and booth. :crossfin: your puppers will find a loving home. :hearts:

catstamm
04-30-2006, 11:55 PM
And here I just got done complimenting you on another board susie....your such a smart A..... no there isn't a wild boar there ....I don't know what one looks like you kook...not a smooth anyway!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:
The fire hydrant and dog house are wood and a really great friend of mine, her son-in-law made them and we borrowed them...Good Idea, I'll ask if he can make more or sell them.
JanUet....if you want a great doxie tatto I'll take a picture to send you of the one my rescue partner has.... It's the best I have ever seen.....a red doxie that goes around her wrist like a braclet...I'm going to get a black and tan one :banana: :banana: So I can be an official crazy wiener dog lady!!!

areese
05-01-2006, 07:00 AM
It's a great booth and I hope it was a great and successful weekend!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
05-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Looks good to me. Hope it went well & the little ones find good homes!

Jen
05-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Great booth!! Love the logo and the story about the doxies taking on every big dog that passed them!! :rotfl: There was a lot of that going on at the NYC Fiesta too!

Mama S.
05-01-2006, 08:29 PM
JanUet....if you want a great doxie tatto I'll take a picture to send you of the one my rescue partner has....
OOh send it to me also! Am still trying to decide what to do for my tat!
Mama

Patt
05-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Will you post the pic? I would love to see it :sausage:

Nancy
05-02-2006, 04:17 AM
LOVE the logo!! booth looks great!

catstamm
05-02-2006, 09:48 AM
I'll get a picture this weekend and post it.....maybe I'll be feeling crazy and just go get mine this weekend too.

Bella's Mom
05-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Can't wait to see it!

lotsadox
05-02-2006, 04:23 PM
I love the logo! :hearts: I know what you mean about the "how much" question. Every time I work in DROH's booth at a show I go over that a million times. And the unattended (or under-attended) children are a problem, too. I took Cash with me one year and he was great. He kept the children occupied and he's so sweet I never had to worry.

The other people that I dread are the ones that want to tell you about this adorable DD that they are getting from this breeder who specializes in DD!!!! These are usually the ones that I walk away from and let someone else handle. Too much of a stretch for my diplomacy.

I hope you made lots of money and lots of contacts at the fair! :hula1: :hula1:

samandissy
05-02-2006, 05:12 PM
I saw a sign once about unattended children. It read something like all unattended children will be given an expresso and a free puppy. That is pretty funny and may even get the point across. Susie

catstamm
05-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Oh I hear ya....my friend who does rescue with me Katie, rescued a DD and everyone always goes into how beautiful he is ....she starts with the " He's blind, deaf, grade 4 heart condition etc.
I must have heard 20 x how unique and beautiful Cami's color was.... What do you call her color? ...."I call it a genetic mess!!! She's a combo of diluted red and diluted Chocolate (isabella)...and will probably go bald by the time she's 3 yrs....but, she'll still be beautiful to me :hearts: :hearts: Grrrr
Stick to B/T and Red!!!

Katie@sddoxierescue.org
05-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Will you post the pic? I would love to see it :sausage:

Hi everyone! I'm Katie, Cat's rescue partner, and here's my tattoo. This is right after I got it done, so my wrist is really red and swollen...sorry!

http://www.sddoxierescue.org/photos/dunkel_tat.jpg

I'll get some photos of my two rescues up soon. Blue is a 9 year old black and tan double dapple who was born deaf, with subluxated pupils and now has a grade 4 heart murmur. He's also missing all but two of his teeth from neglect and has a broken jaw that was never set by his former owner, so he has the most adorable snaggle tooth.

Nellie is a 5.5 year old red brindle rescued from a puppy mill in Nevada, where she had 4 litters in the first 2.5 years of her life. She's come a long way since we adopted her and now isn't nearly as afraid of absolutely everything.

Katie

samandissy
05-02-2006, 09:11 PM
Love your tat. Good choice.:welcome2: : Susie, Sam and Issy:

catstamm
05-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Hey ....it's katie!!!! This will be my tattoo in B/T in 2 weeks :banana: :banana: I need to start a tattoo post....everyone say Hi to Katie :welcome7: :welcome11 :Welcome3: :welcome4: :hello: :weee: :woohoo:
The 2 of us make one hell of a team...