PDA

View Full Version : He really CAN listen!!

Fluffy
04-30-2006, 09:41 AM
Yesterday morning, Abel and I took the dogs on walkies. This is nothing new for them, however, Abel decided he was going to run them. Buddy had an extra bit of energy so Abe wanted to see what he could do. So off they go through the field. Buddy got some pretty good speed going!! He ran RIGHT at Abe's side, turned when he said "Come on Buddy, let's go" (or something I couldnt' hear what he said by then). I was amazed! It was like I was watching him with some one elses dog!! Buddy NEVER listens, chokes himself on walkies (we're getting a harness very very soon). He even ran him by a yard that had four barking dogs in it. Buddy looked at them but Abe just said "come on Buddy" and he kept right on going!!! I'm still amazed that it was MY Buddy running so perfectly!! There might be something to this worth looking into. I might have to rethink some kind of class for him!
Heidi didnt' do as well...but that's ok. She's my sweetie anyways. She was super cute running though her wil fat butt hehe I love her wil fat butt!! She was way too destracted by the other dogs and when they got close to them, it was like "What run? There are dogs to eat here!!" It was a nice day for them to be outside and I think they both enjoyed their walkies. Hopefully Buddy will continue to do well and I can look into a class or two for him...any suggestions?!?!

oceangirls
04-30-2006, 10:40 AM
That's great!! Can I send him Cassie? I think she needs to be run (and running is not really something I do :) ) Angel is more like Heidi.

lotsadox
04-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Would he like to adopt Scooter? :rotfl: :rotfl: Scooter's a great jogging buddy and could use some running. I"m not really a jogger and I poop out WAY before Scoots does.

Check into some of the Petsmart/Petco places and also get online and see if there's an obedience group in your area. There a group called Houston Obedience Training (HOT Dogs :rotfl: :rotfl: ) that gives group obedience lessons at a very reasonable price in parks and parking lots. They have some very good instructors.

K2
04-30-2006, 12:57 PM
:wow: Great job Buddy and Abel!!

Jen
05-19-2006, 01:04 PM
That's great! Abel is a great friend for Buddy. Not sure about low cost classes--they don't exist around here...

JanUet
05-20-2006, 09:48 AM
That is just Wonderful! :hearts:
Buddy and Abel being Best Buddies! :muchlove:

I'm glad he loves his New Daddy and Listens. :hearts: :hearts:

Patt
05-21-2006, 02:31 AM
I think you have found the secret for Buddy, lots of exercise. Good job Abel. :appl:

Tex
06-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Way to go Buddy!!!!!!!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
06-07-2006, 10:22 AM
:appl: :cheer1: :way2go: Buddy!