PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Thor Funkenstein, obedience star?

Courtney
05-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Well Thor and I are progressing through our beginner obedience class. We both LOVE it! It is clicker training and Thor learns really, really quickly. He makes me so proud! He is the only little dog in the class too! Anyway, last night our instructor was talking to everyone about continuing to train and how we'd probably be ready to compete at the first level of Rally Obedience after this class. I talked to her after class about starting agility training and she mentioned that she thought Thor would do great in competitive obedience! She says he is very bright and willing! :) I was very happy to hear this as I think the same! I just had to share with everyone. I would have loved to do all this with Napoleon, but he's not like Thor. You can really tell that Thor loves to work and loves to please. So let's hope this is the start of a successful career for him!!

Jill
05-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Wonderful Courtney!

HotDogMama
05-03-2006, 02:00 PM
:congrats: !!! Sounds like a star in the making, or another famous DLC pup!! :way2go: Thor!! :)

Jen
05-03-2006, 02:29 PM
:woohoo: Thorball!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Sounds like the two of you are having fun!

Nancy
05-03-2006, 02:34 PM
that's GREAT news courtney!!!

Tanya
05-03-2006, 02:35 PM
:congrats: Thor and Courtney!!!

Thor sounds very much like Piper and Po very much like Peaches! Since we got past Piper’s walking road block, he too is so eager to do the commands! He especially loves the left finish…he does it so proud and methodically its funny! Now then, one question…Why isn’t Adam training HIS dog??? :lol:

Frzframe
05-03-2006, 03:11 PM
:woohoo: That's great. I don't have anyone like that in my crew. :(

lotsadox
05-03-2006, 03:29 PM
That's so great the Thor is taking to training so well and you're having fun doing it with him! :cheer2: :cheer2: I know what you mean about some of them having more aptitude for it than others. I took Miller and Cash both to obedience and CGC classes. Miller passed and did fine, but he didn't really enjoy it. Cash loved it! He still gets so excited about doing tricks and he's so attentive. I need to get him back into some more classes. It's great for him and for me. :banana: