PDA

View Full Version : Bailey started agility again.

Jill
05-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Last night we started beginner agility for the second time. The first time around we got through 4 of the 6 classes and the instructor got very sick and the class was cancelled - she is still not back to teaching the class at the daycare we use. So, I found a different place.

Anyway, last night was the first class. I think the instructor is good. We'll see how it goes. I did talk to them about our prior agility class and they said if we were "advanced" then the instructor would work with us. Bailey did fine last night. He was a little excited and I had problems with him heeling, but I think it was a new place etc, but we are going to work on it, if it ever stops raining.

This time there are a few smaller dogs in the class. So that's good. At the end we were working on jumps and the instructor took the bar off and put it on the ground and explained to start here and you go over the bar with the dog etc. She took Bailey to use as an example. She was impressed that he was flying over the bar on the 3rd rung.

And I preface this next sentence by saying that I am a mean mean person....

We were just walking through the weave poles to get the dogs used to it, this woman was going through with her dog, and fell totally flat on her face. It was so funny, I can't even begin to tell you how hard I laughed when I got home and told DH. Or how I am laughing as I type this thinking about it.

Oh, this other dog decided to piss inside the tunnel. Fun times.

Courtney
05-03-2006, 01:52 PM
OMG, I would have laughed too, I'm sure!!! Go Bailey go! How about some pics!?

HotDogMama
05-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Sounds like things are off to a good start, and I wouldn't have been able to hold it in until I got home. Poor lady!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jill
05-03-2006, 03:33 PM
The best part is that she just laid there for a minute.

No pics. We still had the dogs on leash, so between the leash, a clicker and a treat, there is no room for a camera! lol.

Frzframe
05-03-2006, 03:56 PM
:cheer2: for Bailey! And I can so relate to :rotfl: only I usually am doing it while saying "Oh my gosh are you okay, I know it's not funny :rotfl: " That's is if it happens to someone I know. :rolleyes:

K2
05-03-2006, 04:30 PM
:rotfl: I would have laughed, too!! Bailey~show 'em what you've got!!! Jill~you've got to figure out how to take pics! :) Maybe next week...

jenfer
05-05-2006, 01:51 AM
Oh yeah, falling flat on the face... so far I haven't done that yet. Actually no one in our class has done that yet. One of our class mate did fell (older lady). I am usually lost in the course. :rotfl:

Hope you and Bailey have lots of fun. :D