PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the info on greenies!

lizzieb38
05-03-2006, 02:26 PM
My vet sells the greenies, so I didn't know about the choking problems. It looks like "Sausage Boy/Willie" better get used to the toothbrushings.

Jen
05-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Raw marrow bones can be good, flossies, and bully sticks. But to be safe, you're best off avoiding the greenies.

I need to brush Tasha's teeth more. Thanks for the reminder!!

Fluffy
05-03-2006, 03:01 PM
I refuse to give my babies greenies too. I'm so petrified of them now!! I need to brush their toofers more too...then again, they both need dentals so we will be doing those this summer. Oh joy!!

Lisa
05-03-2006, 03:07 PM
I think it's even on the Petrodex rawhide strips:

Strips - good

Oral rinse - better

Brushing teeth - BEST!

And I personally never leave any product, be it bullwinkle or flossies (which my guys LOVE) unsupervised in case they choke.

Jen
05-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Good point Lisa, supervision is so important. Whenever Tasha makes a funny noise while chewing, I'm ready to heimlich....and its usually just something stuck on her tooth or her bringing a too big piece back up to chew more (ewwww, I know).

K2
05-03-2006, 04:59 PM
I agree with Lisa. I am paranoid and never give Pippit any treat or even stuffed toy while I'm not there~just in case.

catstamm
05-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Just an FYI ...Vet's sell Greenies as well as Science Diet Dog food not because it is good....but, because they get monetary kickbacks!!!!
www.dogaware.com is a great site about food and other things....