PDA

View Full Version : Dog Whisperer being sued

quavec
05-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Cesar being sued (http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/05/tv.us.dogwhisperer.ap/index.html)

Tex
05-05-2006, 12:06 PM
WOW THAT'S CRAZY! I wonder how much of the producer's story is true? I don't trust much on the news these days.....I hope the dog is ok now. This will be a very interesting story to follow. I have (or maybe had) a lot of respect for Cesar. I'm reserving judgement until more info. on this comes out. Thanks for the post!

quavec
05-05-2006, 12:16 PM
I really don't follow him or his show but know some here do. Yes, it will be a good story to follow to see what really happened.

lotsadox
05-05-2006, 12:22 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens. I'd love to know the true story. It could be that this happened or it could be that someone is taking advantage of an unfortunate situation to get some of Cesar's $$$$. Unfortunately, when you are in the spotlight everyone perceives you as rich and a lot of people want to get a chunk.

Jen
05-05-2006, 12:27 PM
It will be interesting to see what develops. As others have said, someone could be cashing in. My best guess, if it happened. would be it was done by workers there and perhaps they weren't properly trained. Hope the dog is ok!

Chris
05-05-2006, 12:30 PM
I don't know what the real story is, but for something to happen that fast to a dog, it could very well be true. Its not like the dog came home and they later noticed something that could neither "be here nor there". it could have happened as a result, or it could have been something there all the time and they didn't notice it before.

I don't think any dog should be "forced" onto a treadmill. It is a scarey, rattling, moving thing for most dogs. If a dog needs to be tired out by excercise, a human should be walking and running with them. If he is so rich, than he can afford a low human to dog ratio at his facility.

I think someone could really be wonderful to begin with, but I have seen many times when one starts to "license" themself or start to annoint others as teaching "in their method", sometimes the quality does not pass down. If the methods are not for every dog, you cannot "mass produce results." There are a lot of self help people that this happens to. Sometimes they are frauds, but a lot of times they do good work, but their good work happens on a smaller scale and if it doesn't "work for every single person" they fall out of favor.

I would be interested to see what happens. It could all just be a freak of nature thing, but who knows.

Patt
05-05-2006, 12:36 PM
There is always somone looking for "deep pockets". Time will tell.

catstamm
05-05-2006, 01:07 PM
This should be interesting to follow....everyone is lookin' for something....It'll be very interesting to find out the truth. hummmmm

lotsadox
05-05-2006, 01:15 PM
I agree, Cathleen. If you don't watch things closely, they can get out of control. In our business, we could make a lot more money by having contractors do a lot of the work out of their homes, but then we would have no control over the quality. When your name is on it, you get pickier. At least we are. :banana:

Frzframe
05-05-2006, 01:39 PM
What I'm wondering is if it happened like it said it did don't you think Cesar has insurance for this type of thing or that he'd pay for the animals care himself? :scratch:

Patt
05-05-2006, 01:53 PM
What I'm wondering is if it happened like it said it did don't you think Cesar has insurance for this type of thing or that he'd pay for the animals care himself? :scratch:In this day and age I am sure he has lots of insurance, perhaps this person is out for bigger $$$ or just out to ruin him by bad publicity.

Frzframe
05-05-2006, 03:16 PM
it said the owner paid $25,000 for his treatment. That is what doesn't make any :scratch:

Bella's Mom
05-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Hmmm...wonder how it will turn out. Poor pupper...I feel bad for all involved.

Patt
05-08-2006, 03:21 PM
it said the owner paid $25,000 for his treatment. That is what doesn't make any :scratch:Here's a portion of the AP.
"Suarez said he has spent at least $25,000 on medical bills, and the dog must undergo more surgeries for damage to his esophagus.

The lawsuit claimed breach of contract, fraud, animal cruelty and intentional infliction of emotional distress, among other allegations. It seeks more than $25,000 in damages."

Other than this, there is no update of the suit. We probably won't hear any more on it.