PDA

View Full Version : Why Won't He Poop???

Fluffy
05-07-2006, 09:30 PM
This dog is driving me up the dang wall. He WILL NOT poop outside. I'll take him out, we'll be out there for 45 min or more and still NO POOP. We come back in, I teather him or crate him take him back out still no poop. The SECOND he's outta my sight, he poops in the living room or in my bedroom. Has anyone tried the trick w/ the match stick and vaseline?? I am not sure if it works or not but at this point I'm willing to try just about anything. He will get "poop butt" and his back arches like he's gonna go but the slightest sound or a car going by or a person, and he "forgets" what he was doing. Does anyone have any suggestions before I go completely mad?!?!!?

Otto'sMom
05-07-2006, 11:02 PM
If I were back in MS in that barracks room, I could ask that chick sharing the bathroom with me, she had some very loud opinions on defacation and flatulence.
I've never heard of the matchstick and vaseline, but would love to see photos:rotfl:
When mine won't go, I stand outside with them, like an idiot, and say "Everybody poops." and then list all the anipals that have pooped recently, in an attempt to shame them into. It doesn't work at all, but it reminds me that 14 out of 15 critters do go where they're supposed to so it's not that bad. Looking on the bright side and all that.

Tanya
05-07-2006, 11:28 PM
I am wondering what this matchstick and vaselline trick is as well! :scratch:

Patt
05-08-2006, 02:13 AM
I am wondering what this matchstick and vaselline trick is as well! :scratch:I'm not sure but I think Becca is referring to Mary's suggestion.....

http://www.doxielovers.com/dlc/showthread.php?p=29222#post29222

Tex
05-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Interesting concept with the matchstick and vasaline.....let us know if it works. Sorry, I have no advice on this one. Good luck!!!

Chris
05-08-2006, 08:52 AM
Yes let us know.

I thought you were talking about Ollie!
Right in front of the TV.

Could the issue be privacy?
I noticed when i put a pad in the bathroom with the door, he would sneak in there where it was quiet. He USED to go outside sometimes but when i had him on the long leash so i wouldn't be right on top of him.

Back to the drawing board with Ollie again...

(Alex doesn't care to go in the house. he does his business like clockwork outside)

Fluffy
05-08-2006, 08:56 AM
Yes Patt, I am talking about Mary's suggestion, thank you. I haven't tried it yet...after I was done stewing last night, I took him out again (he'd been in his crate for quite a while) and he had to go so bad we were only out there about 10 min...only got distracted twice and finally couldn't hold it anymore. I'll tell you what though, too many more nights like those and I will be resorting to the matchstick!!!

Patt
05-08-2006, 10:13 AM
How about a long walk? :scratch: That should get 'things moving'.

Bella's Mom
05-08-2006, 02:06 PM
When Bella gets "distracted" I try to toss the ball and have her fetch...it does help to move things along. Whether or not she wants to go she will go. Good Luck!

Rae
05-08-2006, 05:13 PM
I think it is a matter of privacy and concentration. Lack of either one and I can't poop, much less the Duchess.

And if anybody tries to stick anything up my butt they are in trouble.

Methinks find a quiter spot with fewer distractions.

quavec
05-08-2006, 05:25 PM
If I were back in MS in that barracks room, I could ask that chick sharing the bathroom with me, she had some very loud opinions on defacation and flatulence.
I've never heard of the matchstick and vaseline, but would love to see photos:rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Can't help, I'm right there with Rae. And Andrea just KILLS me :rotfl:

Rafi
05-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Well Pixel was difficult to train to poop outside with poop missions being aborted by the neighbour sneezing in the shower, so we would bring him back inside, at which point randomly he would leave us a surprise.

It was frustrating, the sneaky ******* would somehow get away with it. So I put my foot down and started following him around the house, everytime he got up and moved I followed him. If I was going to be doing something and couldnt watch him than Lisa would take over, or I would carry him around or put on my lap while working on something.

Eventualy it worked he now asks to go out.

quavec
05-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Umm...hey, can I add something without sounding like a horrible parent? Cuz, all this discussion of furkids not pooping where they are supposed to reminds me an AWFUL lot like training my human kids. Pooping in the toilet is the worst and longest training session ever. I'd carry them to the pot, they'd sit and swing their legs singing their ABC's and Itsy Bitsy Spider....nothing. I'd pull the pants back up......and find one of them hiding behind the couch making mom a present.....how sweet....NOT!

:rotfl: Kids and dachsunds, the only difference is the number of legs.:rotfl:

lotsadox
05-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Well, the matchstick and vaseline had me wondering there for a minute! :scratch: I had to look at that thread and see what was going on. I don't have any advice, but I'm sure glad that Andrea isn't still in the barracks with that chick.