PDA

View Full Version : A lot too LATE!!

lizzieb38
05-11-2006, 12:24 AM
As I posted last week, canine influenza took over the Cheyenne, WY. shelter. Yes, all of the dogs(60-70) were put down. Now, several groups are in an UPROAR about it. Why didn't they come forward until it was too late??????:sosad: According, too the news this a.m., they are trying to get everyone at the shelter fired!!

Goob
05-11-2006, 12:41 AM
People always love to bitch and not do anything proactive. That's a dang shame. :(

oceangirls
05-11-2006, 12:53 AM
It's horrible that so many dogs were lost :sad2: Not sure why the groups were not able to help (don't know anything about them, regulations, etc.) so I won't comment... but I'm so sorry to hear this.

Patt
05-11-2006, 03:45 AM
That is terrible!! :sosad: Are they sure it was K9 influenza or just running scared. I do hope everyone is fired!
Sounds like the same people in a GA shelter when they put all the dogs down b/c of a Parvo scare.

Lisa
05-11-2006, 06:54 AM
That is horrible, I hope someone investigates. Poor puppers!

Tex
05-11-2006, 07:56 AM
Ok, I'm still POed about another story concerning crazy hoomans.......keep us posted on what happens. Is there a link to this story in the news somewhere?

Frzframe
05-11-2006, 11:13 AM
That is terrible!! :sosad: Are they sure it was K9 influenza or just running scared. I do hope everyone is fired!
Sounds like the same people in a GA shelter when they put all the dogs down b/c of a Parvo scare.

My friend got a puppy from a GA shelter and spent a lot of $$$$ treating her for parvo and sadly it didn't make it. She called the shelter to let them know that she got a sick puppy from them and found out that it wasn't just her dog but quite a few puppies came down with it. The shelter decided to put down all the puppies :sosad: instead of treating them. :mad:

She then was told she could adopt another puppy for 8 months or so because in GA it doesn't get cold enough to kill off the virus on the ground. They ended up getting an older dog and low and behold it also had parvo that came with it from the shelter but this time since she was an older puppy she was able to be saved.

My shelter had a parvo outbreak and they worked tirelessly to save every dog that came down with it. They lost 7 puppies but saved 14 of them.

Bella's Mom
05-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Oh my, what a sad story!