PDA

View Full Version : Owen's first agility trial

areese
05-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Owen is running in his first agility trial tomorrow. He's really not READY to compete...but level 1 in CPE is really easy and all his fans (yeah- he's got his own little real-life fan club I swear) wanna see him run..
Plus after Laika had trained enough to be ready to trial, it took her another 8 months to adjust to the trial atmosphere. I want Owen to be ready, when he's ready...if that makes any sense.
And it's not like I don't know what I'm doing...poor Laika, had to put up with MY nervousness and mistakes when we started. Not that I still don't mess up but I'm not so anxious like I used to be. HOPEFULLY I can run Owen just for fun and keep things in perspective and just enjoy this fast, sweet, SILLY little dog.
So we are all going tomorrow (it's a three day trial!) I'm riding with a friend and her dog, then Rob and I are going back Sat. morning and staying the night at a hotel, then coming home after the trial Sunday. Owen is running one run each day. Laika will have 3 friday and 4 each Sat. and Sun.
Last time she was at this facility she ran REALLY REALLY well so I have high hopes...but ya never know with her. She likes to keep me guessing.
Wish us luck... Maybe I'll get some pictures!!!

Lisa
05-11-2006, 07:23 PM
GOOD LUCK!!

I know she will do great! How do I become an official Owen-a-holic? Oh wait, I already am!

areese
05-11-2006, 07:53 PM
I think you should get an official fan club picture, dontcha think??
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/owenfanclub.jpg

Nancy
05-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Best wishes!

Cant wait to see all the pix!

K2
05-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Good luck!!! I'm sure he'll do great! Take lots of pics!

Chris
05-12-2006, 08:56 PM
YAY Owen!

I can't wait to see what the results are.

Lisa
05-13-2006, 08:18 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh. What a great picture! Yup, I am a BIG Owen fanatic. :fh: :heart14: :fh:

catstamm
05-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Go Owen....it's mother's day...make it good. I know he'll do great ....can't wait for the undate....I'm a huge fan of all B/T smooths, an one that's an agility champ makes it that much sweeter!....

Tex
05-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Joo-eee here.....go Owen, yous can do it. Wun fast and wisten to mudder!!! I a bigs fan of yous. Dood wuck!

areese
05-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Well we are finally home! A three day trial seems a lot longer than a two day one for some reason....
Both dogs did very well. Laika qualified 7 runs out of 11 (!!!) She got 6 first places and 1 second place. When she's good, she's so AWESOME. Then she blows off a run or two...I'm not sure why. It's like she's distracted or doesn't have her mind on what she's doing. It very well could be a noise I don't notice or a smell...she's pretty sensitive. But her qualifying runs were just wonderful..She was 5 seconds UNDER time in her standard run today and did the hardest snooker run ever just PERFECTLY and fast. The judge cheered her!!! I was SO proud. She earned two new titles and is totally done with CPE level 3 (there are 5 levels) She has a good number of level 4 "Q's" too now.
Owen was AWESOME! He didn't Q his standard run friday cuz he ran under the tire jump and I didn't notice LOL. But he Q'd a Fullhouse run (fun game run)Saturday and a Jumpers run today!! I only entered him in those three runs. He runs quite fast and jumps about twice the height of the jump! People say he looks pretty funny as his legs go way up and he pops over like some sorta insect. I have to stay right by him as he runs cuz he will just as easily run around an obstacle as do it. I also can't cross in front or back of him cuz it makes him turn around. Makes for some interesting runs and I gotta remember which dog I'm running! i DID call Laika him a few times...
ANYWAY, those two Q's actually give him his first title; CL1-F!!!!!!!!! He also placed with a first and a second. What a boy. His concentration was good and he just loved running. I got a lot of compliments on both the dogs from people I didn't even know and from the judge. It was a wonderful weekend. I didn't take any pictures though....so sorry! It's just too hard...I can't take pics of my dogs running anyway of course and DH didn't go with us. I'll take some with their ribbons tomorrow...I am SO tired. And so are they. Massages for them both in a bit :)

catstamm
05-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Congratulations!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: How old were the dogs when you started them in training? Pictures?????

Tanya
05-14-2006, 11:08 PM
:congrats: That is so awesome!!

areese
05-15-2006, 07:11 AM
Congratulations!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: How old were the dogs when you started them in training? Pictures?????
Laika was 18 months old when we started agility training. You don't want to do jumps when they are too young although you could start the flatwork. Owen was 3...we only got him last sept. cuz he's from a rescue. I started him in January I think. he took a focus/motivation class first. Got him interested in learning and introduced the clicker cuz he hadn't been taught anything. Except to sit up I guess unless he taught himself that but he does it all the time.
I took my camera but I didn't take any pictures. It's just too hectic I guess....I'm looking at course maps and walking the courses, running, working in the ring, pottying the dogs....and of course goofing off and talking to my agility friends who are the best people ever. I never remember to take pictures. My brain gets in this wierd agility mode. I'll take some with their ribbons today and post them.

catstamm
05-15-2006, 10:49 AM
LOL....can you bottle some of that energy and send it to me?

Frzframe
05-15-2006, 12:45 PM
:cheer2: That is so awesome way to go all THREE of you. :cheer2:

Jen
05-16-2006, 12:20 PM
:congrats: to all 3 of you!! :appl: :appl: