PDA

View Full Version : Nibbler or woof it down?

lizzieb38
05-12-2006, 03:59 PM
I was just wondering how many of you have nibblers or woofers. Willie's a nibbler, which drives Ozzie crazy because he's always eyeballing:duh: willer's food. He quit eating it though, after he got yelled at.

catstamm
05-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Cami's is a major nibbler and dares everyone to attack her food:duh: Carlee is a nibbler cuz she's never sure what you want her to do :confused: And Jen is a woofer.....always looking for food and acts starved :sosad:

Lisa
05-12-2006, 04:21 PM
I didn't know doxies could be nibblers! Both mine are big time woofers!!

Michelle
05-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Well Heidi and Princess are a bit of both,,

When it comes to kibble they nibble,, hey that rhymes.. :rotfl:

When they eat the raw frozen medallions they inhale it in 3 seconds

when they eat raw from scratch, chicken thighs and such, they chomp and chew and cannot inhale even if they wanted to...

so they do it all...

Rae
05-12-2006, 05:09 PM
OK did not want to embarass her, but Duchie's full name (if she had papers that is) is actually Her Royal Highness Hoover Eureka Oreck Dyson Wagoner the Third.

She is an inhaler. and since she only gets 1/3 cup 2 x day she really ought to ration that stuff... and we have no other dogs in the house!

Too long as a mill mama, my poor precious princess..

jenfer
05-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Gigi can eat her 2 medallions in 10 seconds... does that answer your question? lol.

Nancy
05-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Molly INHALES!!! and when she is done, she let's out a HUGE burp! It's kinda funny!

lotsadox
05-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Mine are mostly woofers. Amanda doesn't woof it down as fast as she used to but I think it's just her age. Sweetums is a little bit of a nibbler, but she's 16 and only has 10 teeth left so that might be the reason for that. Miller isn't a much of a woofer as Bogart, Cash and Scooter. Scooter can down a half cup of kibble and a 1/4 c of canned food in a couple of minutes. :shocked: I guess that's his dachshund side coming out. :rotfl:

jenfer
05-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Molly INHALES!!! and when she is done, she let's out a HUGE burp! It's kinda funny!

That's Gigi. Sometimes she burped right IN YOUR FACE. :rotfl:

Tex
05-12-2006, 06:42 PM
We have one of each. Julie is definitly a woolfer. Jax is a nibbler, which is leading me to believe he needs him teeth checked again.......I'll let ya'll know how that goes.

oceangirls
05-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Duchie's full name (if she had papers that is) is actually Her Royal Highness Hoover Eureka Oreck Dyson Wagoner the Third.

Too long as a mill mama, my poor precious princess..

You are hilarious :lol:

Cassie also hoovers her food, and there ain't no mill mama explanation there, the dog just likes to eat :bcake5:
Angel used to nibble, look around the room, get distracted and walk away from the bowl to give affection to the humans in the room, etc. In fact, Cassie was trained that if she finished her food and kept her snout out of her sister's bowl, she would get an extra piece of kibble (thus for the rest of her life, I will have to give that dog an extra piece of kibble after each meal :rolleyes:).

Angel suddenly decided about one year ago that food was a good thing, so she now eats very quickly. She doesn't wolf, though - she uses her tongue to lick up every mouthful :scratch:

Otto'sMom
05-12-2006, 09:07 PM
All of mine are sworn inhalers. Otto finishes first, then Grrrt, then Dolly, then Buddy, then Austin. Dolly will go and lick out the other bowls and make sure she's not missing anything.

Goob
05-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Snooter is a nibbler and the Professor puts his face in the bowl inhales! :rotfl:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
05-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Shadow used to be a nibbler. After Reesee came into the picture he gobbles his & then tries to finish hers. She' s a nibbler.
Sassy Baby & Lil' Smokey have always been gobblers. I think they are all in competition for food.
I feed them with Treat Balls now to slow them down!

Jen
05-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Oh yeah, especially the raw mediallions, she'd eat it in one bite if I didn't break it up!! Inhale!

And Tasha also likes to burp in our faces--though you can see it coming and get out of the way! :rotfl: I guess since she likes to smell our burps, she thinks we want to sniff hers....:scratch:

Bella's Mom
05-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Bella has evolved into a nibbler! I had her on a schedule when she was younger to help with the housetraining (which worked beautifully) but as she got older she wanted to eat at her "leisure." :D

areese
05-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Owey GOBBLES! Laika likes to fill her mouth with food, take it to the carpet, spit it out, then eats the kibbles one at a time. Owen tries to go and eat her food but she'll chase him. Then she lays by her bowl so she can spit the food out nearer to it.

lizzieb38
05-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Stinker Willers man, has taken to rooting through his bowl and only eating the stuff he likes. Lil ****, even knocked over his whole bowl to get at the stuff on the bottom that he wanted.

JanUet
05-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Mine are "INHALERS"

When they are done with their bowls...they give each other the eye as if to say "Are you done?" Then they scope out each others bowls! :rotfl:

What is a Nibbler? :lol:

Fluffy
05-19-2006, 12:29 AM
Buddy is an inhaler all the way!! Heidi takes her time (mostly cuz her teeth aren't the best and she's lost some important ones). Buddy will walk over, and stand beside her waiting paitently. When she's done, she goes over and they licks Buddy's bowl while he licks hers. THen they trade again, each drink 1/2 the water from their own bowl and then trade one more time and finish off the water. They have it down to a science!

Loren
05-23-2006, 10:15 AM
I've never seen Chief NIBBLE at ANYTHING! He's better than a hoover-it's gone way quicker than a hoover can find. He'll eat anything and gulp!