PDA

View Full Version : Napoleon scares the @&@&@&@ out of me

Courtney
12-11-2005, 09:43 PM
I've been gone ALLLL day judging a horse show. I got a new foster today (more on that in a bit) so things have been a bit crazy since I got home. Well I was sitting on the couch and Po and Dax were playing, doing their "clash of the titans" thing where they stand up on their hind legs and fight. I think Napoleon's left front leg must have gotten jammed or something because he starts crying....then I start crying because he is crying....so I take him out of the room and put him on the bed. He won't put weight on the leg. Great. But I just start touching it lightly, and he's ok. Start putting pressure on it, he's ok. Touch it even more and he is ok. So I put him down on the ground and he limps off. :( Then I pick him up again and rotate his leg all around. I think then he finally realizes he really isn't hurt because then he started walking all over and jumping on and off the furniture again...

Way to give me a mild heart attack, Napoleon Dynamite!!

Linus
12-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Po!! I don't know whether to scold you for scaring mom or to hug you for being ok!! Well here's a little of both :mad: then lots of :bighug: for you and your mom!

Helen
12-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Isn't that moment of panic just the scariest thing? I'm so glad he's fine.

Tell those boys no rough-housing inside!

Lisa
12-11-2005, 09:54 PM
OMG! The little bugger. That wasn't very nice scaring you like that...thankfully his is a-okay.

I guess THIS is why they are so darn CUTE!!

Anatresia
12-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Mr. Butters has tried that move out on us before, too!!! When we first got him, he jumped off of Paul's lap at the dining room table and must have landed funny. He started screaming repeatedly (like the screamapillar on the Simpsons- "ahhh, ahhh, ahhh, ahhh, ahhh") and I FREAKED OUT. I called the vet, crying, and the screaming stopped instantly and he went back to playing. :mad4:

I know that feeling- it's really scary!!!

K2
12-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Hmmm....Sounds like he might be a drama king. :rotfl: I'm glad he was okay and sorry he worried you so. :bighug:

Patt
12-11-2005, 10:31 PM
I am so sorry for that scary moment, I know the feeling well. I'm glad it was nothing but a scare.
Sending big :bighug: :bighug:s to you both.

Tanya
12-11-2005, 10:48 PM
That has happened to Peaches twice and scared the crap out of us! I am glad it was nothing and Po is ok! :pinknana: :rbanana: :banana:

LUVMYGUNNER
12-11-2005, 11:07 PM
Glad he is ok that was some scare.

Fluffy
12-12-2005, 01:04 AM
I can COMPLETELY relate!! The day after we got Ben, he wriggled out of my arms and thuded on the floor. He was limping around whimpering with each step...so we go to the e-vet...he goes in for his ex-rays limping and comes out like nothing was ever wrong. He was a hypocondriac to the EXTREEM...Not saying that Po is by any means, but I understand that panicy feeling!! Glad he's not injured!! :)

Puppen
12-12-2005, 01:09 AM
:hearts: Po, so glad yous are Otay!! Gots me wurrid! http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b140/Puppenstein/PuppenDeepThoughts.jpg

Courtney
12-12-2005, 01:46 AM
No, Napoleon totally is a hypochondriac! But I was still worried. The little man is still OK. I seriously should have taken a picture of him holding up his arm and giving me The Most Pathetic Sad Puppy Look EVER. It was so adorable yet so sad.

Speaking of His Royal Highness he's snuggled up in his Chilly Bed! :D

Goob
12-12-2005, 02:05 AM
Maybe he just wanted to double check he's number 1 with mutter! Give my favorite Napoleon a smooch for me. :hearts:

Pokeys Mom
12-12-2005, 02:12 AM
Courtnee, you handled that very well!! Po is lucky to have such a quick reacting mom. I'm glad all is well.

:bighug:

Loren
12-12-2005, 07:23 AM
the $*%T&$)$ out of me with Chief. I am SO neurotic about him and his back---although part of it IS rational since he has had a few episodes but I'm SO terrified anytime he hops or won't move etc. I couldn't possibly see having MORE than 1 dachsie at a time....just for that reason alone!

I'm glad Napoleon is OK!