PDA

View Full Version : Help! Dry spots w/ hair loss!!!!

catstamm
05-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Has anyone even seen anything like this on their doxie or know what it could be? We all know cami poor cami is a genetic mess both inside and out ...but over the last few days I have noticed these dry spots on her thin little coat and she is losing hair.....today she has more??? They are random, no pattern. Could it be allergies or some kind of fungus? I'll make her an appointment tomorrow but, just wondering if anyone had any insight on this?
Poor Cami if it isn't bad enough that she looks like a camel and hops like a bunny....not she has bald spots :sosad:

Goob
05-14-2006, 09:09 PM
I've notice my Professor scratching his belly on the ground, which is a sign that his allergies are once again upon us. Is she itchy? Could be something in the San Diego air (same thing that's making the Prof itch).

catstamm
05-14-2006, 09:46 PM
No she isn't itchy...???? It doesn't seem to be bothering her....

Lisa
05-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Let us know what the vet says. Have you switched her food recently?

catstamm
05-14-2006, 11:27 PM
No ,no food change, she gets the best food, shampoo, conditioners, rinses (hell she has more beauty products than I do) A vet friend of mine said she thinks it "dilute alopecia" ....poor cam cam....I'm wondering if her spay had something to do with bringing it on???? If that's what it is there isn't a lot I can do but, I want to make sure.

Pokeys Mom
05-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Both of our dogs have developed itchey feet. The past month has been the worst so far. I noticed that the small patches of grass that are near us are sprayed with a pesticide. We wash their paws off everytime they come in. We'll be off to the vet soon anyways, so they will get looked at.

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: rayz for you!

lotsadox
05-14-2006, 11:34 PM
I've heard that alopecia is fairly common in dachshunds. If it's anything like alopecia in humans, the spay probably didn't bring it on other than the fact that she was stressed. Let us know what the vet says. :scratch:

Rafi
05-15-2006, 01:57 AM
No ,no food change, she gets the best food, shampoo, conditioners, rinses (hell she has more beauty products than I do) A vet friend of mine said she thinks it "dilute alopecia" ....poor cam cam....I'm wondering if her spay had something to do with bringing it on???? If that's what it is there isn't a lot I can do but, I want to make sure.

How often do your wash her? If often maybe she's reacting to the shampoo and stuff.

Patt
05-15-2006, 03:01 AM
Pattern baldness is quite common in Dachshunds. Please let us know what the vet has to say. Here's a few :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that it's not serious.

Tex
05-15-2006, 07:22 AM
Don't have any advice, but can send lots of :bigrayz: and big :pray: s to Cami. She's such a little :angel7: . Let us know what the vet says.