PDA

View Full Version : Heidi's Lumps

Fluffy
05-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Heidi has had these "fat lumps" on her since the day I got her. I've had the vet check them everytime we go in for a visit to make sure there is no change in them. In the past few days I have noticed that one of them is changing. The lumps were always "moveable" just a fatty deposit, and if you moved it you could tell it wasn't really connected to anything. She has two on her chest...one large one and one smaller one. The large one is still the same, however the smaller one has changed. They've always been round in shape, almost perfectly round. The smaller one now seems to have jagged edges and it doesn't move like it used to. It seems like its attached itself to something inside. I am making a vet appointment tomorrow morning and getting her in ASAP to get things checked out. I"m kinda freaking out at this point so some extra rayz and prayers would be very much appriceated!! Also, does anyone know much about lumps?? Thanks!

catstamm
05-14-2006, 09:42 PM
We'll be thinking of you....I hope it's just a fatty tumor Jen Jen has 3 on her chest....Keep us posted :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :hearts:

Lisa
05-14-2006, 09:44 PM
My girlfriends Beagle has lumps all the time and he just had a couple more removed. They have never been anything serious, but lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Heidi that everything is okay with her too!! Let us know what the vet says.

Does Heidi have some Beagle in her?

Fluffy
05-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Yes, she is half beagle...The lumps never realy concerned me because Ben had them and they were always nothing...but now that they are chanign I"m getting nervous!!

lotsadox
05-14-2006, 11:31 PM
I've had several dogs that have had the fatty lumps. A couple of them had to be removed. My vet always told me to watch them and bring the dogs in if they changed in any way. I'm glad you're getting her in for a check up on them. Sending rayz that they are nothing serious. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Pokeys Mom
05-14-2006, 11:35 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Rayz for Heidi and :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: for mom!

Pokey has had fatty tumors develop and change over the years. It was scary at first, but our vet says they are all normal parts of aging. Good for you for monitoring the lumps for changes! Please keep us posted. :hug99:

Frzframe
05-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Poor Heidi and poor you. :hug99: Hope everything checks out okay. Many nothings wrong :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:'s on their way.

AgileOllie
05-15-2006, 12:25 AM
Oh I know how nerve racking this is. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We sure hope it's nothing serious..

Patt
05-15-2006, 03:20 AM
The other name for the lumps or bumps is "Lipoma" and they are usually benign. These fatty lumps are very common in older, middle-aged dogs and when they have one usually more will appear. It is good you noticed the change, and are taking her in for an exam. Perhaps your vet will do a needle aspirate just to make sure it isn't anything to worry about.

Sending lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :pray:ers to Heidi that all will be okay. :crossfin:

Tex
05-15-2006, 07:17 AM
Sending lots of :bigrayz: and :pray: for your little :angel7: . Julie has a small lump like the one you described on her left side. The vet told us the same thing.....monitor it and if anything changes, bring her in. You'll be in our prayers.

Fluffy
05-15-2006, 06:24 PM
for tomorrow. We go in at 11:30 to get things checked out. I'm totally freaking out (I'm such a worry wart!!)!!! I'll post an update when we get home!!

areese
05-15-2006, 06:36 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for everything being JUST FINE!

Nancy
05-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Please let us know right away Bex how the visit goes tomorrow!!! Lot's of :bigrayz: 's that things will be fine!

Fluffy
05-15-2006, 07:22 PM
I know a few of you've said your babies have/had lumps too...Just wondered how they compared in size to Heidi's. The HUGE one at the top of the pic has not changed at all. The vet said he didn't want to remove it unless absolutely necisary due to Heidi's age and the effects anesthesia can have on an older dog. The bottom lump is the one that has changed and we are getting looked at. Are either of these a "normal" size?!?!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/buddyheidi/lump.jpg

HotDogMama
05-15-2006, 07:43 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Lotsa rays for Heidi and her Mama a :bighug: I have no experience with fatty lumps, but :appl: for noticing the change!!

JanUet
05-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Sending mega tons of our magical DLC :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Heidi and a :bighug: to Mommy cuz she be worrying.

Please keep us posted Bex! I hope it is nothing serious :hug99:

Yolanda
05-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Bex,

Think positive - think positive

Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Heidi and of course :hug99: :hug99: for you.

Jen
05-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Positive thoughts, lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and a :bighug: for you Bex!

Alex's Mom
05-15-2006, 08:22 PM
Ooohhh!!! This is when I wish I had a digital camera, Bex!!! Then we could compare old dog lumps :rolleyes: Alex has lumps that big, and a couple even bigger on her chest, belly, sternum and shoulders, all lipomas so far. They seem to pop up overnight, and grow and change a lot in a very short time. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that everything is ok for Heidi, and a :bighug: to you...I know all about that worrying thing! Let us know how it goes!

Patt
05-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Poor baby, some lipomas do get very large, they don't usually remove them unless they are causing a problem.
More positive thoughts and lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: coming Heidi's way. Lots of :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: for you.

oceangirls
05-15-2006, 10:05 PM
both my cockers had these; I think some dogs are just prone to them. You did great to monitor her so closely for changes. Most lumps are NOT cancer. Sending rayz for Heidi and hugs for Mom!!:bigrayz: :hug99: :bigrayz: :hug99: :bigrayz: