PDA

View Full Version : Miles Silverberg

Courtney
12-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Got my new boy today. Miles has a very sad story. I will just paste it from the CTDR website...

"Miles was rescued from a very neglectful home, where he was tied up with no food or water. He then traveled miles to be with us and look for a new chance at life. This boy is only about 2 years old, and you can currently see every single rib in his terribly thin body. He weighs 12 lbs but definitely needs to add some weight, so he will be a tweenie. Despite how poorly humans have treated him in the past he is full of kisses and a zest for life. He curled up in one of the soft doggie beds, nuzzled into a blanket, and slept from sheer exhaustion. He is fine with other dogs and figured out how to use the doggie door in no time. Since he isn't used to being in a house he needs to work on his potty training, but if you take him outside he knows what he is to do. He is just so very eager to please. He has had all of his vaccinations, has been neutered, and is on heartworm prevention. Miles would just love to find a new home that will treat him the way that he should be treated - plenty of water to drink and food to eat, a soft bed in a warm home, toys and treats, and showered with love."

He is just the sweetest little guy!! Not so fond of the crate, but we'll work on that. He IS fond of raw chicken and really enjoyed his meal tonight. I know the raw diet will help him fill out and help his skin issues. He has super dry skin. I'm pretty sure he is a wild boar - I think that is the name of the coloring? He has the widow's peak and his back has a very deep red color on top. Anyway I just got him today and so far he and Dax and Po are getting along just fine. I don't think Miles knows a whole lot about playtime or toys, but I know he will learn. He's curled up on the couch right now.

I will get some better pics tomorrow but here are some for now.

Cutie pie!

http://static.flickr.com/34/72633733_5118f25604.jpg

Not terribly skinny anymore but still needs some more meat!

http://static.flickr.com/35/72633669_064bb60aee.jpg

Cookies are delicious!!

http://static.flickr.com/34/72633459_d3b352080f.jpg

Can I have some more??

http://static.flickr.com/35/72633401_a8a2960df5.jpg

Looking at these pics, he does look like Gigi doesn't he!! :D

oceangirls
12-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Looking at these pics, he does look like Gigi doesn't he!! :D

Was going to say exactly that!! What a pretty pupper! He doesn't know it yet, but he is in for a wonderful time with his new foster mama and brother.:hearts: Hopefully being so young, it will not take long to put his bad experiences behind him and start enjoying life!

Linus
12-11-2005, 10:26 PM
What a handsome boy!!! He is in a great place, I'm sure he will be fully recovered in no time!!

Lisa
12-11-2005, 10:26 PM
He is gorgeous Courtney :angel7:

It makes me so sad to read his story. I hope he finds a forever home super fast! You can still see all his back bone - I can't even tell you what I would love to do to the people in the house where he was pulled from.:curse: :bleep: :whack:

I'm so happy he has a new and happy future ahead of him! :thankyou: for all you do Courtney! He is a :cutiepie2

Anatresia
12-11-2005, 10:27 PM
he's adorable!!! What a sweetheart! :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: fattening up rayz!

Puppen
12-11-2005, 10:53 PM
:rayz: :appl: :appl: :rayz: :angel7: :hearts: He is just the CUTEST!! Poor baby, so glad you have a new Mutter who will spoil hims rotten! :)

Helen
12-11-2005, 11:29 PM
I fall so hard for every new foster you introduce to us!! Poor baby..yes, cookies are good!

He is a total cutie-pie, and with you and Po's help he'll forget every sad moment he ever had. Lots of :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: .

Patt
12-12-2005, 01:54 AM
What a sad story, I wish there was someway to punish the people that had him. I'm sure he will be the most loving pupper, he certainly is handsome. Good luck Courtney and please keep us updated. :hearts:

Sending lots of fattening and good health :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: to Miles.

Goob
12-12-2005, 01:57 AM
What a sweet pea.... here's some :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: fattening up rayz for him!!!!

LUVMYGUNNER
12-12-2005, 02:01 AM
He looks so sweet.

Loren
12-12-2005, 08:00 AM
He looks like CHIEF! I'm glad I'm NOWHERE near you....I think I wouldn't be able to resist. Thank you for saving him and giving him TLC! :hearts: :hearts:

JanUet
12-12-2005, 08:09 AM
Miles will soon be FULL of Smiles in no time with your TLC!

He is quite the :cutiepie2

No Worries Miles. Your in Good Hands with your Foster Mommy and Brudders Po and Dax.

Please love him up a bit for me Courtney!:hearts: :hearts:

Let me just have a piece of those people that had him before :mad: :mad2: :mad1:

HotDogMama
12-12-2005, 08:13 AM
He is a total sweet :hearts: ...... I love the name too! So sad the little babies have to have it so rough sometimes...... but thankful for :angel7: s to take them in. :thankyou:

Schroeders Mom
12-12-2005, 05:03 PM
:holyshp: :way2go: Courtney and :thankyou: for taking him in and showing him what love is all about!!!!! Miles will be fat & sassy in no time :cheer2: :cheer2: He looks like Trooper when we first got him. Miles will be forever home soon!!!! :banana: :banana:

Michelle
12-12-2005, 05:20 PM
What a sweetheart :angel7: :angel7:
I can't wait to see how he plumps up, like a ball park frank!!!
We will be waiting for the transformation to happen soon!!
I hope he gets a great forever home..
Whomever had him before should be hung out by their toenails..:mad:
Can't wait to see more pics,,
Michelle

squirrel818
12-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Coutney you are such an :angel7: ! You do so much good work! :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: For Mr. Silverburg to plump up quickly and :appl: :appl: for you!

lotsadox
12-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Poor baby! He's so thin, but I'm sure you'll have him fattened up in no time on the raw diet. He's had a hard past, but that's behind him. He's a lucky dog now!:happy2:

SusanF
12-13-2005, 07:28 PM
He's absolutely beautiul! He will look dynamite when he fills out. We are having to put weight on Gracie our foster Sheltie also. She still eats ravenously like someone will take it from her.

Mama S.
12-13-2005, 07:57 PM
WHat a looker! Oscar says he will gladly give up a few pounds to send his way to help fatten him up! Knowing your TLC, he'll be all better and a perfect weight really soon!
SAndi

Chapo's Mom
12-13-2005, 11:46 PM
that just kills me. he looks wonderful! you do such awsome work!

isobelsmom
12-14-2005, 01:34 PM
He is one gorgeous young boy...and I just love the name. Miles, you are in dachsie heaven right now, and your foster mama is going to treat you the way you should have been treated all along. Lots of love, belly rubs, good food and treats and more love. I bet you pack on the much-needed pounds well and fill out to be even more beautiful---if that's possible! You look like a complete joy and I envy your foster mama very much! :hearts: :hearts:

And what I would love to do to those so-called people! :mad2: :bleep: :curse:

Jen
12-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Oh sweet Miles, I saw him in other threads but missed this one. He's such a cutie and is doing so well after such a terrible start in life.:hearts: Under your loving care Courtney, I'm sure he's thriving. That raw food should put the much needed weight on him quite quickly!

Courtney
12-14-2005, 07:54 PM
Got the official word today that Miles will be going to his forever home this weekend, transport permitting!! He's the sweetest guy. I had friends over to watch a movie last night and he is so friendly with new people. Then he snuggled up with me on the couch all night. He and Dax snuggle all night in an xpen with a big dog bed in it. And he and Napoleon were running around playing today. He is actually getting better in the crate too. They will be a lucky family to get him!!!

Helen
12-14-2005, 07:59 PM
Wow, that was quick! :appl: Congrats on another sucess story! Have fun in your forever home, Miles!

Courtney
12-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Miles is on his way home...he left yesterday to head to Austin. I am not sure where his family is, I think Houston, but I think they might be going to get him. Either way he will have a blast. His new family has 4 children and Miles LOVES children. I took him to the dog park a couple times and even though kids are not supposed to be there, they are, and Miles goes right up to them and says hi, always! He is a sweet, sweet boy and we will miss him a lot. But....there's always more that need rescue! I think I may be getting a 10 month old red dapple owner surrender this week, if that owner gets back to me....

http://static.flickr.com/36/74519538_a062308872.jpg

Rae
12-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Godspeed, Miles Sliverberg. And God Bless Courtney - what a wonderful thing you do.

Lisa
12-27-2005, 01:50 PM
:boogie: :boogie: Yaaaay another happy ending for a little one that their guardian :angel7: took in! :bighug: Courtney! :urock:

Mama S.
12-27-2005, 02:46 PM
WHoo hooo!:weee: :yay: :party1: :cart: :woohoo: So glad you got your forever home Miles! Now you can live the good life! Hope that you included our address so that we can continue to keep up with Miles!
Sandi

Frzframe
12-28-2005, 12:57 AM
secret. How do you do it? How do you get your babies adopted out so fast?

Oh and :cheer2: :cheer2: yeaaaaaaaaaaaa for Miles. You lucky boy you!

Patt
12-28-2005, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the update, good job Courtney!!:appl: You are one heck of a rescue :angel7: I hope he loves his new family. :hearts:

Jen
12-28-2005, 10:33 AM
:cheer2: :cheer2: Miles!! I'm thrilled to hear he has a new home. Thank you Courtney, and all of the rescue :angel7: for all you do for the pups in need!

Nancy
12-28-2005, 02:51 PM
Miles is a beautiful boy! Best wish to him!