PDA

View Full Version : A Silver Lining??

lizzieb38
05-15-2006, 01:43 PM
I heard an update today about the canine influenza outbreak at the Cheyenne, WY, animal shelter. It turns out they kept 18 of the 60 dogs alive! Five of them have tested positive for the virus, but they are monitoring them. It's:sosad: that the other were put down. Apparently, the shelter went on the advice of several vets in Cheyenne. Send some rays to the lucky ones. They still need it.

Da Brat
05-15-2006, 04:12 PM
OH nO!! I haven't even heard there was a K-9 influenza!!!

mega rayz for the dogs that have survived thus far!!

Chris
05-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Well...maybe there can be a somewhat happy ending out of the sad one.

With a manageable number of dogs, there is no excuse for the shelter to not adopt them out and find homes for them. I know a lot of county shelters are high kill. Maybe it is what turns thing around. Both for shelter workers and the public. maybe with the added press people will come to adopt. And then when they get the all clear and other dogs start to come in again, they will have had a "breather" with 18 instead of 60+ dogs and be able to find homes for each and every one that are adoptable and will have had time to improve their system so no dog falls through the cracks ever again.

Jen
05-16-2006, 12:08 PM
I wish all shelters were no kill too! NYC is heading that way, but its a slow process.

I'm glad some of the dogs survived the flu outbreak. A little sunlight in a dark gloomy case.

Tex
05-17-2006, 08:22 AM
We're keeping those sick puppers in our :pray: s down here. Thanks for the update.

JanUet
05-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Sending those pupperz all the :bigrayz: :bigrayz: they need.

Thanks for the update.:hearts: :hearts: