PDA

View Full Version : Delta Airlines messes up with downed doxie

Frzframe
05-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Got this today and thought you guy might like a heads up. :( The poor baby.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING AND IF YOU COULD, FOLLOW-UP WITH A PHONE CALL. PLEASE CROSS-POST.

Subject: REFERENCE: Down Doxie from Ft.Worth TX. flown by Delta Airlines
Importance: High

To: weinerdoghelp ; alldogsg ; FriendsinR ; Fortheloveofdog ; ChristianP ; provenDNA ; EastCoastTransit ; NY-NE-rescue
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 2:05 PM
Down Doxie from Ft. Worth, Texas

MAY BE CROSS POSTED!

Just to explain, we had a down Dachshund in Tx being surrendered because the family felt they could not handle it. Camille flew the dog to NY with her, and when they arrived to get this dog at the airport this poor boy was pulling himself all over the cargo area. His cage in one place and the door in another. He was confused scared, and so upset and crying and not one worker would pick him up and help him. He was full of blood from dragging his poor tummy across that rough concrete for over an hour or so and the door to the runway was also open and he could have gone out onto the runway. They did nothing.

This is totally inexcusable for an airline that claims to be animal friendly. At one point when Camille called and tried to get some satisfaction she asked if they even cared about her dog and they said "NO"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----- Original Message -----
To: baspi@buckeye-express.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 11:53 AM
Down Doxie from Ft. Worth TX.

Barb;
I can tell you that I have made a lot of calls and have been given the run around with no customer service #. FINALLY SOME WOMAN GAVE ME THE DELTA CORPORATE PHONE #. a lady named betty corrigan [who does golden rescue in ft worth TX] made several inquiries and will follow up. She gave me and I give to you the supervisor of the 2 men who allowed the doxie to roam cargo, in cargo, dragging his legs and crying. His name is CLAY RIEDER of la guardia cargo. 1- 718 565- 3816.
The men were Bruce,[the one who threatened me] and Eric..
They knew there was a problem cause they gave us the 6th copy of the invoice, unreadable.
I have an appointment to day at 2 pm. he has some blood in his urine which may have come from the fall the carrier took.

REMEMBER IT TAKES QUITE SOME FORCE FOR THE AIRLINE APPROVED CARRIER 'S DOOR TO BE BLOWN OFF.

THANKS
CAMILLE
I hope that other rescues will CALL THE SUPERVISOR. AND CALL THE PRESS.They claim to be so animal friendly. (right!)

samandissy
05-17-2006, 10:56 PM
I truly dislike Delta Airlines just from a personal standpoint and I have heard from the actual owners of about 20 dachshunds that have flown on Delta and been screwed over with neglect in many forms, late arrivals or didn't make the transfer. On the other hand, I know of a breeder of weenie dogs that loves Delta and doesn't want to use another carrier. Ok, I know other airlines have screwed up dogs that are flying with them, but Delta has to be up there with the most complaints that I have heard about. Susie:duh:

Tanya
05-17-2006, 10:59 PM
That is so terrible. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the little doxie. :sosad:

Chris
05-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Is the pup safe now??????

Don't they allow dogs in the cabin? I always fly with Alex in a carrier under the seat in front of me even though he is on the weight borderline with his chubby self.

I have found that Northwest to be pretty good with their VIP pets program.

LUVMYGUNNER
05-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Oh that poor baby.

Tex
05-18-2006, 07:31 AM
O.....M......G!!!!!!!!!! That is simply inexcussable!!!!! I'm outraged here!!!! First, I will NEVER fly Delta again (like I get to go anywhere anyway....) and You bet we'll be making some phone calls.......Now to the important part, how's the pup now? Do we have an update? Please keep us posted if you have any more info.

Jen
05-18-2006, 08:59 AM
How is the doxie now? What a horrible thing to happen, and you know, at LGA, it doesn't surprise me at all. Its NOT a good airport. I got stranded there one time before we lived here and had to sleep on the floor as all hotels were booked and t-storms cancelled all flights. Haven't been there since!

Frzframe
05-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Nope no updates on the little fella. I see what I can find out.

I flew with Dudley on Delta when I got him but he flew in the cabin with me. I was supposed to pay for him but the lady was super nice and didn't make me. Then she blocked out the seat next to me so he could sit on the seat. The flight crew joked about him not having a ticket after we took off and I strapped him in with the seat belt.

I don't know how people do it when they have to fly their dogs in cargo. I don't think I could do it.

Tex
05-18-2006, 09:54 AM
P.S.-I could NEVER fly with Julie in cargo!!!!! I don't know how people with larger dogs do it....I would be putting a lot of miles on my car.......

Laurie' s Dachshunds
05-18-2006, 10:17 AM
WoW! This is so crazy!!!!

As for me (& my babies) will only drive where we wanna go!

AgileOllie
05-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Delta has lost TWO of my fosters. I will NEVER EVER EVER use Delta because of just that. Infact, I have a problem flying my fosters at all.
Wasn't it Delta that "lost" the whippet?

Patt
05-18-2006, 10:58 AM
How tragic, I hope this little guy is okay. :pray: Flying a pet in cargo is very dangerous. I don't fly but if I did I would have my pup in the cabin.

Patt
05-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Delta has lost TWO of my fosters. I will NEVER EVER EVER use Delta because of just that. Infact, I have a problem flying my fosters at all.
Wasn't it Delta that "lost" the whippet?

Yes, Delta is the one that lost Vivi and BTW as of May 9th she has not been found. There have been sightings but really no proof that it is really Vivi.

Chris
05-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Oh that is so sick!!

How can they lose a dog like that.

Heck, when i go to my sisters bridal shower i can't take the boys and my DH isn't coming so i should see if a doxie rescue needs a to or from transport in the cabin with me if a dox is under 17 lbs.

Yolanda
05-18-2006, 12:03 PM
This is why I only let dogs fly in the cabin. I have a friend Ellen that has AA privilages and she does it a lot. There is also another group of airline people that volunteer to do it she know of.

lotsadox
05-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Same here, Yolanda. I could never fly a dog in cargo, unless it was absolutely necessary.