PDA

View Full Version : Tasha 2, Dust Mite Pillow Covers 0 (ticked off Mommy!)

Jen
05-18-2006, 09:36 AM
SHE DID IT AGAIN!!! :shocked: :shocked:

Last night we came home to find that little miss thang had been up on the bed again while we were at work, ignored everything on there except MY pillow, which she dragged off the bed (almost a 3 ft jump - grrrr) removed both cases on it, the satin one I have over the one that matches the sheets, and killed another $10 dust mite barrier pillow cover. A few tears in the pillow too.

And you know, they say dogs don't remember what they've done, but I showed it to her and asked her why (nicely, not yelling), and she backed away and looked guilty.

Yes, we took miss brattypants to the park anyway, she clearly had energy to burn.

Now we wonder if we should keep the bedroom door shut while we're away. DH likes her to have all of the room to roam, and its the coolest room in the pm, but I don't like her jumping from the bed.

Now that both dust mite barrier pillowcovers are dead, we left the door open today, and we'll see what we find tonight. DH thinks the barriers are kind of fuzzy so its like killing the bun bed to her. :scratch:

Time to think about kevlar dust mite pillow protectors ;)

Tex
05-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Kevlar dust mite pillow protectors....I :love5: it! I agree with you on worrying over her jumping off of the bed, especially when you're not at home to know if she's hurt. How much space would she have if you kept the door to the bedroom closed during the day? We leave our 2 closed IN our bedroom for the day. My bed is low and the dogs are good about using their step. Hang in there.

Yolanda
05-18-2006, 09:45 AM
What about a ramp? I have three in my house. Since I have a tall bed it was a necissity. Amazing how fast all of the dogs learned how to use it. :duh:

quavec
05-18-2006, 09:50 AM
That is sweet that DH wants her to have room. I would think about a ramp (for her back issues) and if necessary, moving the pillows prior to leaving. But, I know that is easier said than done.

Cricket DOES remember when he's been 'bad'. If he eats the toilet paper, he will slink off into his house (crate) and hang out. All day if he knows I discovered the mess. He KNOWS. I know he does.

Dust mite pillow cover rays :bigrayz: :bigrayz: . Have you tried Overtstock.com? They might have some cheaper (and in bulk ;) )

Lisa
05-18-2006, 09:52 AM
I agree a ramp might be in order if she needs access to that room. Pixel is obsessed with my pillows to. He even dragged on under the bed and that is his safe zone. Can you put a couple of stitches on the mite protector pillow cases so she can't get it off or would that just make her more determined?

Jen
05-18-2006, 09:58 AM
She still has the living room, dining room, kitchen and bathroom if we close the bedroom door--about 500-600 sq ft. And the a/c is in the dining room so that's fine for summer.

I did mention getting another ramp to DH last night...before we moved in we said we'd get one if she seemed to want to sleep on the bed during the day, but she's got a lovely leather couch to sleep on and several rugs on the floor, so I'm not sure its necessary. And letting her on it daytimes and not at night....I worry. Does anyone else do this? Its a full size so two adults fills it plenty, no room for a bed hog dog. She does nap with me occasionally though.

Patt
05-18-2006, 11:17 AM
I vote for a ramp, we have two. However, a ramp would make it that much easier for her to get on the bed and destroy pillows or whatever. I think I would make the bedroom off limits, she has plenty of room to roam around in. Trixie doesn't have access to the bedroom b/c of the cats. Hopefully Tasha was a good girl today. :crossfin:

LUVMYGUNNER
05-18-2006, 11:22 AM
I would get another ramp-just for piece of mind. After all she is the only child you have!

K2
05-18-2006, 02:33 PM
I think Tasha is telling you that she wants to go back to the Cape!!! :)

lotsadox
05-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Oh, no, sorry about the dust mite covers. The DH once suggested that we get a stainless steel duvet cover for the bed since that seemed to be the only thing that the crew wouldn't be able to hurt! :shocked:

areese
05-18-2006, 07:29 PM
I think I'd prob. close off the bedroom when you aren't home. She has plenty of room and she could get hurt jumping off the bed. And since you don't want her sleeping up there anyway ('cept for naps with mom as a special thing) it would be less confusing for her in the long run I think. Like other people have said, why get a ramp so she can eat pillows more easily?? :rotfl: