PDA

View Full Version : Harold needs rayz!!! (kinda long)

laura
05-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Harold has been sneezing for two weeks now! Actually started the moment we got home from that awful Dog and Baby Buffet in Hollywood. I called the vet last week. They asked if his energy and/or appetite was off. I said no. They said it may be allergies and to give it a while longer. So I did. Everything seems normal except the runny nose and sneezing. so I took him in. They think he may have a mild case of Canine flu. but that is not really the bad news...The vet said his heart murmur was MUCH worse and he was shocked at how bad it is.

Here is the strange coincedence. When I was at the Dog thing in Hollywood, as I mentioned in earlier posts, there was an amazing animal communicator there. but she is different as she used shamanism to assist in healing, etc. (www.spirithealer.com) When the crowds died down, I took Harold over to see her. The first thing out of her mouth (without me telling her anything) was that he had heart problems and it was now bothering him because he could feel it. He can feel his enlarged heart because it beats so hard .It wakes him up sometimes. She did a healing for him, to help him with it, but said that it will not "get better". She said he had at least three more seasons with us.

I guess my distress is that the worsening of his heart was confirmed by the vet today and of course, I know that it will eventually kill him. I know that he is 16 and death comes to us all.

But it is a little closer in my reality today....so I am saddened, terrified to lose him, and dreading the inevitable.

So I am asking for Rays to help Harold feel better (his flu) and rayz for his enlarged (and lovable) heart.

Laura

areese
05-18-2006, 09:10 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Harold and :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and:hug99: for you. Treasure how ever many seasons you have left with him!

AgileOllie
05-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Prayers for you and Harold. I know how tough it is to have to think about the inevitable. You're in my thoughts.

oceangirls
05-18-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm sorry, Laura! We tell ourselves that we accept they will not be with us for very long, but when it is staring you in the face, it doesn't matter how prepared you thought you were :( But it sounds like he is a tough little guy and not going anywhere anytime soon! Give him a hug from us.

rayz and hugs:bigrayz: :hug99: :bigrayz: :hug99: :bigrayz:

Anatresia
05-18-2006, 09:17 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for your little man!!! I hope he is better (from the flu) and that his little ticker keeps ticking for a long time!!!:hearts:

Red Haired Girl
05-18-2006, 09:19 PM
:sosad: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Frzframe
05-18-2006, 10:40 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:'s for the flu and for his poor heart. :hug99:

catstamm
05-18-2006, 10:58 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Harold.....We will keep you both in our thoughts....these times are sooo hard when our puppers can't tell us how they feel.

Patt
05-18-2006, 11:43 PM
I am sorry about Harold.:sosad: It's interesting the animal communicator said he had heart problems. Hopefully you will find the right combo of meds to give him quality of life.
Sending mega DLC healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :pray:ers to Harold. He will be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug99:

Fluffy
05-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Oh Laura!! I can somewhat feel your pain right now. Going through the "waiting game" til we can get the second opinion for Heidi has made me start thinking about the "inevitable" as well. You are in my htoughts and :pray:ers. Lots and lots of :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for Harold!!

Rafi
05-19-2006, 12:33 AM
My :pray: for the little guy, and I know he's in good hands. He will pull through this.

JanUet
05-19-2006, 06:48 AM
Oh Laura,

It saddens me to read your post. I was almost in tears.
Sending tons of those magical DLC :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Harold and to you a :bighug:

Alex's Mom
05-19-2006, 07:18 AM
Oh Laura, tons and tons of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Harold's :hearts: and sniffles. I know what you're going through...I'm in the same place with Alex. This last move has been so hard on her. I just try not to think about it and enjoy every day I have with her. But it's SO hard watching them beginning to fail. :hug99: :hug99: for you all...I truly think our furkids are here to teach us about seizing the day, and learning to let go...but nobody every said it was easy!

Nancy
05-19-2006, 08:21 AM
I'm so sorry Laura! You and Harold are in my thoughts!

Michelle
05-19-2006, 09:46 AM
OH, Poor Harold!! Major Rays for him :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:
and hugs for you :hug99: :hug99:

Lisa
05-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Even though I have never met him, I just adore Harold! :hearts: Lots of rayz for for the gorgeous little guy :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and a :bighug: to you too.

Da Brat
05-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Sending lots and lots of :pray: ers and :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for you and your little guy!!

K2
05-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Sending mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :pray: :pray: for your little man and some :hug99: for you, too!

laura
05-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Thank you for all your kind thoughts and words! Means so much!

Chris
05-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Major group hug for Harold:

:gphug1:

I hope that he does have more years with you (and his extended dachshund family here) like that lady said.
I am hoping the sniffle is just an allergy or a little regular old cold, too.

lotsadox
05-19-2006, 11:08 AM
(((((((((((((Laurie))))))))))))))))) I have a 17 yo that is starting to fail and am facing the same realities that you are. It's very hard to know that you are going to lose your precious companion. Treasure every moment you have with him. Sending rayz. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Jen
05-19-2006, 11:27 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Harold. Tasha is only 4 and I'm already dreading the day. Too bad they can't seem to breed for longevity. More :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the flu, hope he feels better soon! And many :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: for you.

lizzieb38
05-19-2006, 01:05 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Harold and:pray: :hug99: for you both.

Mama S.
05-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Oh Laura - this is sooo sad. ALthough we haven't met, your wonderful book made me a very vivid part of the family and this saddens me. I pray that he just has some sniffles and that he is ok very soon. Sending many :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for him!!
Mama