View Full Version : Sebastian update

AgileOllie
05-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Thought I'd send an update on Sebastian. He's still with us, thankfully. He has good days and bad days. I've been giving him rice loaded with vitamins as well as nutri-cal. I also gave him a good tooth brushing last night with listerine and a electric toothbrush. Man that dog has some raunchy breath. LOL. His teeth are in bad shape, but I guess for his age it's to be expected. He had a dental last year, but they weren't able to keep him under for long b/c of his age and b/c he has cancer.

Today I got him som Natural Choice for high-energy dogs, which I figure must be LOADED with calories. I mixed that with rice and nutrical. He scarffed it down! So far no upset tummy. Right now he's curled up on the floor next to Miguel. He seems more alert. I know I'm probably fighting a loosing battle, but I'm not giving up until he does. He's put on about 1/2 pound, which is great! I'm going to brush his teeth everyother day and spray his mouth out with some Petrodex that fights bacteria in the mouth and heals irritated gums.

I can tell that he's getting sort of senile. He doesn't "herd" us any more, and I can't believe how much I miss that.

He's a good boy, so please keep him in your prayers. I've gotten so much closer to him these last few weeks.

Thanks

oceangirls
05-18-2006, 10:27 PM
thanks for the update, I saw your pic of him and Ryan and wondered how they were doing :muchlove:

rayz for your boy :rayz::rayz::rayz::bigrayz:

Patt
05-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Thank you for the update. I'm happy to hear Sebastian is holding is own, I'm sending many healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :pray:ers to your little man. Congrats on his gaining 1/2 pound. :appl:

Alex's Mom
05-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Right now he's curled up on the floor next to Miguel. He seems more alert. I know I'm probably fighting a loosing battle, but I'm not giving up until he does.

The mark of a great parent! As much as possible, enjoy these days...they'll give you great comfort when the inevitable impossible happens. I know it made me feel better knowing that I had done everything possible to give Maxe as good quality of life as possible until she was ready to cross. :hug99: :hug99: for you and Miguel, and :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Sebastian!

Nancy
05-19-2006, 07:56 AM
Lot's of :bigrayz: for the little man!! Congrat's on the 1/2 pnd. weight gain as well.

Chris
05-19-2006, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the update!

I am so glad he is still with us. It seems that he has a fighting spirit, too, and that's the most important thing. As long as he has that, I am sure that he won';t give up and will be around for awhile longer.

Jen
05-19-2006, 11:40 AM
Glad to hear Seb is holding his own! The weight gain is fantastic. :)

LUVMYGUNNER
05-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Here are some rays:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for him.

JanUet
05-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the update. I was thinking about Sebastian today. :hearts: :hearts:

Sending Seb all the :bigrayz: :bigrayz: he needs!

Sending you and Miguel the Biggest hug ever! :bighug: :bighug:

He will be in my thoughts and :pray:ers

AnnMarieK
05-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Sebastian could not have found a better home than yours...I know you have loved him and taken excellent care of him......you are a wonderful mom to all of your furkids...and fosters :angel7: :angel7: :angel7:

lotsadox
05-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the update. I"m glad that Sebastian is doing well. I agree that doing all that you can does make it easier when they inevitably pass over. It was a great comfort to me with Pebbles and Bandit. :angel7: