PDA

View Full Version : Skating with Dachshunds

Tanya
05-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Last night, John and I decided to mix up our walk a little and go skating with PnP. John is very good and fast on rollerblades, so he took Peaches. I can barely stand up on rollerblades. So, I have Skecher skates. They are basically the Skecher shoes with 4 wheels…very sparkly! I cover up my terrible skating with my flashy skates! :) Since I am slower, I had Piper.

Peaches loves going really fast with John. They’ll go way far ahead of me and Piper, and then turn around. John will rev up Peaches by saying “GET MAMA!” They will come back at full speed! :seeya: It is so cute! Piper did a great job too! He stayed by my side and out of my way the whole time. It’s so adorable watching him run next to me. :angel7:

My biggest problem on skates is stopping. At one point I was picking up a lot of speed going downhill. As I flew by John (who was breaking), I said “Here, take Piper because I can’t stop! He grabbed Piper’s leash as I zoomed downhill and flew into the grass! :shocked: I went about 6 feet into the grass before I was able to stop myself by using the sign for our subdivision at the front of the community! Needless to say, I’ll be working on my stopping skills! :o

So, we skated for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Which means PnP ran pretty much ran that entire time. Would you believe they came home and played with each other…chasing each other around??? OMG…I was about to die and they were playing! :faint: I figured they would be exhausted this morning. NOPE…I couldn’t pull myself out of bed for anything and they were jumping on me like “Get up Mom!” :coffee:

Da Brat
05-19-2006, 12:20 PM
I am soooo sorry, but :rotfl:!! I can just see you flying down the hill now hair flapping in sync with poor Pipers ears and throwing your husband the leash. And then doing circles around the sign!! AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAAA!!
Glad nobody was injured though!!

oceangirls
05-19-2006, 12:25 PM
I am very good on rollerskates (having spent most of my childhood at "SKATELAND")... rollerblades are a different story. I kind of got the idea, but stopping was an issue for me too - my usual method was - YES - to intentionally run into something :D. I haven't done it in years... need to find someone who would go with me. Great workout, though!

Hmmm, I would think the puppers will have to rest at some point. That's a lot of exercise. They might sleep all weekend :)

Yolanda
05-19-2006, 12:30 PM
I am not laughing at you, I swear I am not but ......:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I can just see you in my mind.

Linus
05-19-2006, 12:45 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oops...I mean:

:appl: :appl: Great way to exercise!!

Jen
05-19-2006, 12:56 PM
That sounds fun, if a tad dangerous! I've often thought of getting skates, I was good at it back in the late 70s, but since Tasha stops suddenly to sniff when I'm walking with her, I think skates would be asking for trouble. I think next time you need to bring a friend with you to take pics!! :D

K2
05-19-2006, 01:36 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I'm not laughing at you either!!! Oh the visual that paints though.:rotfl:

Sounds like fun though. I want to try roller blading!!

areese
05-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Wow that sounds like fun! Hard to believe it didn't wear the dogs out!!
Good luck on the stopping thing. But, hey, that's what trees and signs are FOR!

laura
05-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Sounds like so much fun!!

jenfer
05-19-2006, 05:47 PM
That sounds so much fun... you really flew into the bushes? :rotfl: Hey at least you passed Piper to John before you flew away. :rotfl: (not laughing!)

JanUet
05-19-2006, 06:03 PM
I went about 6 feet into the grass before I was able to stop myself by using the sign for our subdivision at the front of the community! Needless to say, I’ll be working on my stopping skills! :o

:rotfl: :rotfl: :lol: :lol:
I mean :omg: How terrible! :shocked: I hope your okay :evilgrin:

Snickering still with the vision in my head