PDA

View Full Version : Citronella collar

Frzframe
05-19-2006, 09:41 PM
I finally broke down and got a collar for Mitzi and Dudley. I'm getting so tired of it being 4 am and when Mitzi goes out it's bark, bark to wake up the neighbors. So tonight when I put it on and let Mitzi out nothing not a peep out of her. UGHHHH oh well there's always tomorrow morning. :rolleyes:

Sophie and Lili's Mom
05-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Keep in mind if either of your dogs has a cough, the collar will go off just like if they bark...

Frzframe
05-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Nope they don't and boy does Mitzi know when it's on already. She'll do a mini bark that won't set it off. She is a quick study. And she knows when it's not on and she gets outside she'll do her usual run out and bark for the whole neighborhood to hear. I wouldn't mind that so much but she doesn't know when to stop and she never listens to me but we ARE working on that.

Jen
05-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Glad its kept her quiet during the early am potty run!!

Sophie and Lili's Mom
05-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Nope they don't and boy does Mitzi know when it's on already. She'll do a mini bark that won't set it off. She is a quick study. And she knows when it's not on and she gets outside she'll do her usual run out and bark for the whole neighborhood to hear. I wouldn't mind that so much but she doesn't know when to stop and she never listens to me but we ARE working on that.

You have a very different experience than I do. The damn thing would go off when Whitie coughed or another dog barked.

Michelle
05-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Shonda, Are those citronella anti-bark collars very expensive??, I am thinking about those for Heidi and Princess. I had been using the muzzles for the early morning pottys so they don't bark so much and wake up the neighbors, but lately I have just been lax in using them, and they sometimes will not potty when the muzzles are on them.

This morning I went outside with both of them cause I was already dressed and ready to leave for work,, a big thing for me!!!:rotfl:

Princess let out one loud bark and i was right there to tap her nose and firmly tell her NO, and she looked at me and gave me the evil eye, then went off to do her potty, but she understood, cause she did not bark the rest of the time out there.. Heidi was smarter and hid behind another tree in the yard where there are tons of bushes surrounding and she knows I will not go back there..

Frzframe
05-23-2006, 11:34 AM
I found it on Amazon.com and it was around 60 bucks. Not bad because around here they are like $80 plus tax. I've already ordered another one for Mr. Dud because sharing isn't working to well.

Loren
05-23-2006, 11:36 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/CITRONELLA-ANTI-BARK-COLLAR-NIB-LOWEST-PRICE-EVER_W0QQitemZ7767625067QQcategoryZ66774QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

Michelle
05-23-2006, 11:48 AM
:shocked: :shocked: OMG $60, is a bit too high for me since i would have to get 2 of them!!,,

I think I will have to end up checking out Ebay and see if I can find some cheaper..

MY DH would kill me if he found out I spent $120 on collars,,, I know they work, but that is a load of money for me right now,,

I guess I will have to keep using the muzzles, and going outside with them, they have gotten a bit better,

Bella's Mom
05-23-2006, 02:09 PM
The collars don't hurt do they?

Frzframe
05-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Nope they don't hurt at all. They just give a spray when the dog barks. It dog stops barking and then the prise comes in "good quite." It works great. :)

catstamm
05-23-2006, 02:15 PM
No they don't hurt them but, doxies due tend to be barkers and I wouldn't use them all the time ....They are suppose to be used for training purposes. Not for everyday use..... My Girls don't listen either, but than again niether do I so all is well :rotfl: :rotfl:

Frzframe
05-23-2006, 02:20 PM
I only put them on when they are going outside and I know there are things they are going to bark at like the neighbors and such. When there isn't any visible things to bark at then they go collarless.

Michelle
05-23-2006, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I would also only use them for the early morning potty breaks when my neighbors are still sleeping. Otherwise they can bark their silly little heads off at other times,, :rotfl: :rotfl: