PDA

View Full Version : follow up to Oscar's neuter

Kerie
05-20-2006, 04:20 AM
as a follow up to Oscar's neuter--It's been a little over a month. Oscar has not changed much at all and he is still very silly! The biggest difference is with marking. He never marked inside the house, but outside he tried to stop at every tree and fire hydrant. Now he stops to mark but sooooo much less! He still has to be trained for good manners, still steals things, is still spoiled and we still have a trainer. But I wanted a silly dog, so I sure got my wish!!!

Lisa
05-20-2006, 07:22 AM
Thank you for the update Kerie, I was wondering about Oscar the other day. I am glad that you are still working with a trainer. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

AgileOllie
05-20-2006, 07:59 AM
But I wanted a silly dog, so I sure got my wish!!!

Sounds like you got a dachshund LOL!!!:rotfl:

K2
05-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the update. Yup~I'd say he sounds just like a dachsie!!! :)

JanUet
05-20-2006, 08:58 AM
If i didn't know any better Kerie....I would say you have a Doxie in your house! I'm glad you still have the trainer for him :cheer2:

Thanks for the Update :hearts:

He is a SWEETHEART!!!!!

Jen
05-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Glad Oscar is marking less--and yes, he wouldn't be a doxie if he didn't make you laugh! He's a sweetie!

Patt
05-20-2006, 10:45 AM
But I wanted a silly dog, so I sure got my wish!!! Be careful what you wish for. :rotfl:

lotsadox
05-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Dachsie's are silly dogs! We call our "toons" from the old Roger Rabbit movie, but whatever you call them, you get a lot of entertainment for your dollar with a dachsie! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Kerie
05-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks!! When I first got him I read somewhere online that dachshunds are the "clowns of the dog world." And I've now confirmed that neutered dachsies are still clowns!

Mama S.
05-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Kerie honey - why are you up at 4 AM posting to DLC:scratch: I'm so glad that all went well with his neuter but honey - do you sleep?? Mama was snoozin at 4 am!!!
Mama

Tex
05-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Glad to hear that everything is going well.....we're getting Jax neutered SOON, and I'm really hoping it will help with his marking. Keep us posted!

oceangirls
05-20-2006, 05:10 PM
That's great that there is less marking! :woohoo:

They are definitely silly, and strong-willed. I love the dachshund ATTITUDE. :)

Kerie
05-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Kerie honey - why are you up at 4 AM posting to DLC:scratch: I'm so glad that all went well with his neuter but honey - do you sleep?? Mama was snoozin at 4 am!!!
Mama

Woke up at noon. I'm crazy!!! I'm such a night owl and I wish I could do this all the time!

quavec
05-20-2006, 06:16 PM
So glad his personality is still all doxie ;) Cricket's hormones kinda went haywire right after his neuter and for about a couple of months too but now he is laid back and pretty calm.

Chris
05-20-2006, 06:45 PM
You may notice his marking be even less as time goes on. It takes really a full month sometimes to get the hormones out of the system so I have heard.

But yep, sounds like you have a dachshund, just minus worrying about him bolting if he smells a female in heat and getting into potentially dangerous squabbles with other male dogs.

Heck, when we got Ollie he was already neutered (as a puppy), and he is very sweet and silly. Al was neutered late when we got him at 18 months old.