PDA

View Full Version : Fostering Veterans: What should I do?

Jill
05-20-2006, 03:41 PM
DH and I are heading out to a company dinner tonight. Leaving at 5:30. Dog Walker is coming at 7 and staying until 9pm. Should we gate all three of them in the kitchen? That's what we usully do when we go out. Or should I put Henry in the crate downstairs? I was told he doesn't LOVE the crate, but will go in. I haven't tried it yet. They are getting along great, there is quite a bit of :banana: going on. They do get a bit testy when treats are involved. I have already decided that if we do gate the three together then I will not give them the usual kongs. Henry is a crier. I am worried if we keep them seperate then he will cry and bark.

Advice?

Linus
05-20-2006, 04:17 PM
As long as they are getting along I would keep them together. It is just a short period of time so they should be fine.

Courtney
05-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Yeah, you can leave them together if you want, just don't leave anything (like the kongs) in there that could cause fights. You may want to crate Henry because you never know - he could find something to destroy!!

Jill
05-20-2006, 05:17 PM
We are going to gate them all together and forgo the kongs etc. Just the one cookie as we bolt out the door. I really think it will be fine. It will only be 1.5 hours until Andrea comes and she can judge from there.

Besides, this will give us a good basis on what to do when we go to work on Monday. I'll let you know how it goes.
:pray:

Tex
05-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Good luck, hope your dinner is Great! , and keep us posted on how everything turns out!!!

lotsadox
05-20-2006, 06:30 PM
I always crate the fosters until I find out if they are going to be okay left confined with the others. Until I know they won't destroy my house or fight with the other dogs, I'm not taking chances.

Jill
05-21-2006, 07:00 AM
Everything was great. Nothing was destroyed and the dogs are all still playing. Yay.

areese
05-21-2006, 08:06 AM
That's just awesome! What great dogs. :angel7:

Alex's Mom
05-21-2006, 08:20 AM
That's great, Jill!!!! It's probably a good thing that little Henry has a home to go to, otherwise I sense that you might fail fostering 101 on your first try! At Bailey and Reese's insistance, if nothing else! :rotfl:

catstamm
05-21-2006, 10:05 AM
I glad everything turned out great ....but in the future I would always create a dog you don't know, cuz if things got ugly it would only take a minute or 2 for something terrible to happen.....That was a qick din din....hope you had fun :hearts: