PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and Raz"s for TJ

Yolanda
05-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Nine Months ago Kevin Taylor, knowing what he was getting into Kevin adopted TJ from us (DRNA). TJ had prostate cancer. Prostrate cancer ican be fast and ugly. Thanks so much Liz for sending this wonderful person to take care of TJ. BTW, TJ was dumped at the shelter by his loving family "because he started to wet in the house" Well :duh: Kevin surely is TJ :angel7: .

I received this update today. I knew it was coming but I was hoping with all my heart we were wrong.

I wish I never had to write a letter like this, but I guess we all knew it was inevitable. I wanted to let you all know that TJ is very sick now. I know I will have to see him off to the bridge very soon.

At times, I wish I had not taken him in because of this. I remember the first e-mail I received about TJ from Liz Dente asking me if I would consider taking TJ in. And then the picture of TJ I received from Yolanda. When I saw the picture and then I saw TJ, I said to myself, "this dog is not sick" ! It's hard to believe from looking at Yolanda's e-mail below, that almost 9 months have gone by since I took in TJ.

My boys 99% of the time do not get table scraps. They only get 1/2 cup of kibbles in the morning and 1/2 cup at night. And of course one doggie treat a day. That's how I maintain there weight. TJ has ballooned and bloated up to over 20 pounds now because of his prostate cancer. He is still urinating and moving his bowls, but his glands are swollen. I have been noticing a change in him. But mostly in the last few weeks. He sleeps a lot now. I am taking him to the vet this afternoon. When Liz Dente told me the Vet in Maryland said TJ was given 9 months to a year, I guess they were right afterall
But you always hope that somewhere, someone made a mistake.

Through all of you above, you brought TJ to me. I hope you say a prayer for him.
Boy was he special. He is a very loving and unique dachshund. I was hoping TJ would hold on long enough for Liz and Jerry Dente's Doxie get together on June 10th.

I will tell you all one final story about TJ. A few weeks ago I woke up in the middle of the night. TJ was missing from the bed he shares with his brothers next to mine in the bedroom. I went out in the hall and heard a nose downstairs in the family room. I went down and turned on the light and there was TJ sitting up on his 2 back legs in the begging position with a Stella Doro cookie bag in front of him chowing down.
I was always amazed at how he balanced himself on his butt. I never had a dachshund who did that. Fortunately there were only about 4 cookies left in the bag and I must have left it on the coffee table. What a goof ball he is. But I guess I was the lucky one afterall. So thank you all very much for bring TJ into my life.

Kevin Taylor

Lisa
05-22-2006, 06:31 PM
Oh Yolanda, I just started bawling. Poor TJ, and bless his daddy Kevin for being so incredible.

JanUet
05-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Oh No! :sosad:

God Bless Kevin for taking TJ into his loving home and treating him with respect he deserves (being a doxie) Kevin is an :angel7: for adopting TJ with his condition and never gave up on him!

I will be saying lots of :pray:ers for Kevin and TJ!!!

laura
05-22-2006, 06:48 PM
So sad, please tell Kevin what a wonderful person he is for taking in TJ. Tell him he has all of us sending love and appreciation his way for TJ.

areese
05-22-2006, 06:49 PM
There surely are some very very wonderful people in this world....

Jen
05-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Kevin sounds like an amazing person! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for TJ. Sounds like he's had a good loving 9 months with Kevin.

lotsadox
05-22-2006, 07:46 PM
That is sooo sad! Bless you and bless Kevin for taking him in. You're both :angel7: 's.

Patt
05-22-2006, 07:55 PM
Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :pray:ers to Kevin and especially TJ.

AnnMarieK
05-22-2006, 08:05 PM
Kevin is a true :angel7: I don't think I would be able to do what he has done for TJ. I think there is a special place in heaven for people like him. He has my respect & admiration:appl: :appl:

Alex's Mom
05-22-2006, 08:17 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: for TJ and :hug99: for :angel7: Kevin, for giving him love and respect and a peaceful and happy final part of his life.

Bella's Mom
05-23-2006, 02:07 PM
It is so sad to hear about TJ but I am so glad he and Kevin found each other. What a great match. Big hugs to him, TJ and you Yolanda. :hug99: I will keep TJ in my prayers. :pray: What a brave boy.