PDA

View Full Version : asking permission

Rae
12-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Duchie has a new trick, such as it is. She has not always been allowed in the bedroom on her own little feet due to (ahem) certain potty indiscretions in times past. I have rearrnaged our bedroom and the recliner now sits in plain view of her domain the kitchen. She now peers around the corner (Dr Livingston, I presume?) and waits for permission to come into the bedroom. There is a hall between the rooms of course, and here is where it gets interesting,.

the kitchen is hardwood floors and the hall and bedroom are carpet. She has a hard time getting her courage mustered up to come into the bedroom anyway since it used to be off limits, so she runs as fast as her little legs will carry her to get in there. She has a really hard time getting any traction on the wood so she usually wipes out upon takeoff then zoomies into the bedroom like a rocket. :rotfl:

She then turns all "carpet gator" when she finally gets into the bedroom... as low to the floor as possible.... until mommy scoops her up and lavishes the kisses on.

too funny.... wish you guys could see.
I am so glad she is feeling so much better. Glucosamine and chondroitin ROCK.

:banana:

Lisa
12-12-2005, 11:57 AM
OMG, that is hilarious! I can totally picture what you have described. Don't we need new Duchie pictures????

I am so happy to hear the Duchess is feeling better! :banana: :banana:

Mama S.
12-12-2005, 12:11 PM
heheheheh! My guys have the same trouble! THe get the traction from the living reoom carpet them zoom through the kitchen straight onto the wood floor in the bedroom and SCRRREECCCHHHHHH - maybe they need reverse thrusters like planes:scratch: :rotfl:
Sandi

Jen
12-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Oh Rae, I can just picture it! I'm so Duchie is feeling better, supplements can do wonders!

On a similar note, on Saturday, her birthday, Tasha woke me up at 7:30 am. I couldn't send the birthday girl back to bed, and hubby was still dead to the world. So I lifted her up onto the bed, where that cold nose woke up Hoodad real quick! But poor Tasha knows she's not allowed up there so she flipped on her back and was so submissive.

Pokeys Mom
12-12-2005, 01:22 PM
Adorable!! I'm so glad that she is feeling better and is full of zest! :cutiepie2

Puppen
12-12-2005, 01:47 PM
:angel7: I;m sure she is a :cutiepie2 Glad she is feeling better! :cheer2:

Patt
12-12-2005, 10:22 PM
It's good to hear Duchie is feeling better, sending :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: to keep her that way.