View Full Version : We Had a Scary Moment Last Night

K2
05-23-2006, 02:05 PM
So, Pippit was eating his chicken last night and got a big piece way back and looked like it was stuck. (He was trying to push it own with his paws) So, I so bravely stuck my fingers into his mouth(keep in mind that I can't even think about touching raw chicken without gloves on~~but I did it without even thinking about it)So, Pippit is still trying to get it out and I'm trying too....and then he bites down and gets my thumb. I say, "Ow!!" and pull the piece of chicken out.

Pippit leaves it and goes and hides under the table. I call him over, thinking something is wrong. Nope, he's fine. Finishes the piece of chicken and goes off and hides again. For about the next hour, he kept looking at me like I was mad at him(which I wasn't~he didn't mean to bite me)

Lisa
05-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Poor Pippit! That same thing happened with Pogo which kind of solidified the medallion thing for me.

I am glad you were there for him and able to help him.

Lots of thumb rayz :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: So how many times did you wash your hands after that? ;)

Jen
05-23-2006, 02:15 PM
Wow, that is scary! Good for you for reaching right in there! Glad you are both ok. :hug99: :hug99:

The only times Tasha has bit me it was when I was rummaging around in her mouth for "sidewalk" treats. She never showed remorse though. We have sooooo much less crap on the sidewalks in Brooklyn, its been almost 3 months and I think she's only filched 2 things. :)

Michelle
05-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Oh, poor Pippit, I think he is scared and thought maybe you were mad at him..
That is scary,, so far I have not had any scary moments with the raw chicken, I'll definately have to keep my eyes very closely on them while eating it though,,,

Hope your thumb get better soon,, here are some thumb healing rays,, :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

and YES, you are brave for going in there to dig it out when you don't like touching the raw chicken

Alex's Mom
05-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Good reflexes...even in the face of the dreaded chicken!! :rolleyes: Poor little guy, thinking he's done his mom a damage! Hope everything's sorted itself out now!

lotsadox
05-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Good for you for being able to reach right in there. :banana: :banana: and help Pippit out. It can be scary even without the raw meat aversion. I've put my hands in so many dog mouths now that it doesn't really bother me. :shocked:

JanUet
05-23-2006, 05:11 PM
:omg: Definitely Scary Karen! I hope Pippit is alright and your thumb isn't too sore.
Pippit probably hid under the table becuz he bit you. Wasn't his fault, but I'm sue he didn't realize it.
That happened to Casey not long ago with a Beef Tendon strip. He tried to swallow a piece that was a bit too big. I panicked picked up Casey and Doug put his hand in his mouth to pull out the dislodged piece.
I was in tears! Casey was fine after that and laid lots of lovin' on Doug and I afterwards. :hearts: :hearts:

I always watch Sophie and Casey eat their chicken, flossies, bones and other big treats.

Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :bighug:s to you Both! :hearts:

K2
05-23-2006, 05:26 PM
He definitely thought I was mad at him(eventhough I gave him lots of lovin' afterwards) He hides when people yell(or use really loud voice)too. My thumb is fine~a little sore, but he didn't break the skin or anything. Thanks for the rayz though! :bighug: