View Full Version : Moms of OCD Puppers

lotsadox
05-23-2006, 09:07 PM
Okay this is it. It's the MOOP thread! I'll start.

I'm Patrice and my dog is OCD! Bogart drives me crazy licking his paws. He's bad at all times and worse when his allergies are bad. What's a mom to do?

Okay, when your pupper is making you crazy you can come here and post.

Anatresia
05-23-2006, 09:19 PM
My name is Tracy and I'm a MOOP. Miss Rigby licks and licks and licks. Herself, her brother, us. Anything in sight. Drives me crazy.

alfina
05-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Sabrina has OCD for sure. Obcession with lizzards, bunnies, birds, etc come and go. But her "lick attacks" never go away. She can go on forever!

Alex's Mom
05-24-2006, 08:09 AM
Hello, my name is Paula and I'm a MOOD!!! Yup, Alex licks her paws, my feet, my hand, the blanket, the floor, the couch...anything that gets in the way of her tongue, especially right after eating. Or watching TV. Or driving. Or.... *sigh*

DoxieDiva
05-24-2006, 08:32 AM
Hello my name is Dana and I'm the mother of an OCDachshund! Mr Mooseroo is totally OBSESSED with anything that remotely RESEMBLES a ball and will drive you absolutely NUTS with it & the whining that accompanies it until you THROW the ball! We have to keep all round objects in the garage and only allow him to get them on his way outside! :eek:

Dana

Rae
05-24-2006, 08:46 AM
My name is Rae and I am a MOOP. My baby has a paw licking problem, and she won't admit she has a problem. What's a mom to do? :conf3:

lotsadox
05-24-2006, 08:49 AM
I just realized I have two OCD's! :shocked: Miller licks the tile in the bathroom every morning while I'm getting ready for work. No idea what that's about either. :dunno:

quavec
05-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Well, I don't know if I really fall under the MOOP category. Cricket licks, but not himself. He licks us from time to time, but his real :hearts: is the floor and the shower. It's awful. We have to ban him from the kitchen when we are there because the floor gets wet w/his licking. Ewwww. And the shower door HAS to be kept shut at all times or he will hop on in and lick to his hearts content. Am I in denial?

Rae
05-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Am I in denial?

the first step to solving your problem is admitting that you have one. Toughlove, Carrol. Your baby IS OCD. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

AgileOllie
05-24-2006, 09:33 AM
Davy really does have OCD. He had to have his tail removed because of it!

When Miguel started living in Lake Charles during the week for school and I started working 2 jobs to put him through school, it was just too much for Davy. He licked his tail to the bone over night. The bone was literally sticking out of his tail.

When we had it removed, he began licking Sebastian. Now that I'm home full time, he's gotten better. He was prescribed medication for it, but I don't want to use it if we don't have to.

Jen
05-24-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm Jen, and a MOOP as well. Tasha's biggest obsession is digging around shells and rocks on the beach, which she only gets to indulge twice a year.

Otherwise its the late night lickies (herself), the couch lickies, human hand lickies.

HotDogMama
05-24-2006, 03:19 PM
Count me in too, when Molly gets tired of licking herself, she starts on me or just takes turns, but she prefers to get my face while I'm sleeping :shocked: and she has to dig herself a hole in the bed everynight.... o lordy.....

Jill
05-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Hello, my name is Jill and I'm a MOOD!!! Bailey is forever chasing his tail.