PDA

View Full Version : Tasha got flipped at the park tonight!!

Jen
05-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Now that the weather is nice we've been taking her to Prospect Park after work on Wednesday nights. Its 70 and sunny and we're having a wonderful walk with a picnic of Lard Bread (yummy italian bread with cheese and salami baked in--and some lard, not low cal) and then walking it off. We get to a section of the park away from the roads where last week it was packed with off lead dogs, mostly big! Not legal, but its away from the more patrolled areas. We thought about trying to find a different route tonight, but last time were ok walking along another section nearby.

We're watching carefully to make sure none of the dogs in the next section (there's a concrete path between) come over. Then suddenly a dog comes racing up from behind us, clips the leash as it goes by and Tasha gets flipped onto her back. Tasha didn't move much at first and I was really worried, and the dog was still zooming lose (the bitch of an owner had a baby strapped to her front and pretended she didn't see....) so I just picked her up and carried to the next section of park. DH and I kept looking back and staring at her--hoping for maybe a sorry or something. Nada. And her dog was not interacting well with other big dogs either. :rolleyes: Next time we're finding another way around!

Tasha seemed fine if skittish after that, her back seems ok, but she did whimper once when going down a hill. No prickers but I thought maybe she stepped on a stick and it poked her and she was still freaky?

Other than that it was a lovely walk--and yes, Tasha had a little salami from the bread. :D

Anatresia
05-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Poor Tasha! I can picture how that would have upset her, because Rigby has a similar scared of everything personality.

K2
05-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Poor Tasha. I hope she's doing better now that she's safe and at home! :hug99:

Lisa
05-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Like that is what our lovely Tasha needs!! What an idiot, it's even worse she didn't say anything about it. I hope Tasha is okay, both emotionally and physically. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Jen
05-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Tasha was clingy but ok when we go home. Then we had fireworks 30 min ago. :rolleyes: Now she's a panting neurotic wreck and has transferred the noise cars make going over a plate in the road (Con Ed dug a hole today) into "thunder" and each one of those sets her off. Its gonna be a long night....

Tanya
05-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Poor Tasha! :shocked: I think any dog would be upset after getting caught offguard like that!

Frzframe
05-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Poor Tasha! Man I don't know how you kept your cool. :hearts:

areese
05-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Poor Tasha! I'm afraid I would have yelled at that rude woman.

Patt
05-25-2006, 03:15 AM
Oh Jen, I'm so sorry. Poor baby Tasha, I hope she is doing okay and it doesn't give her a back ache. :crossfin:
Here's a few DLC magical :bigrayz: :bigrayz: in hopes she is back to her old self by morning.

HotDogMama
05-25-2006, 08:06 AM
People are so damn stupid.... I'm sorry that happened to her, there is no way I could have let that one go, so kudos to you for keepin your cool....... :bigrayz: :bigrayz: heres some rays for her back, and :bighug: to you..... geez :mad2:

quavec
05-25-2006, 08:51 AM
YOu said she had a kid strapped to her? Well, makes me wonder if her child were to knock down a smaller child, what would she do? :mad3:

Hope Tasha is okay. :bigrayz: and this doesn't cause too big of a set back.

catstamm
05-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Oh poor Tasha.... everytime I hear stories like this I am reminded why I am sooo overprotective. So many people don't have a clue when it comes to their dogs and there behavior....the lady never even apoligized? GRRRRR

Loren
05-25-2006, 09:13 AM
have you thought about maybe looking into getting an "Anxiety wrap?"

Da Brat
05-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Oh, Jen, I don't know how you do it either!! I would have gone straight up to her and blasted her about her poor parenting skills with her pets! I can only imagine what sort of parent she is when it comes to her human kids!!

AgileOllie
05-25-2006, 09:26 AM
OHHHH I would have been :hissy: :mad1: :mad3: :hissy: :mad4: :huh: :wtf:

My husband would've had to pull me off her LOL. Stupid dog owners...

Mama S.
05-25-2006, 10:02 AM
Ohhh Tasha - Nana is coming straight up there wi f PJ and him crutches - gonna :whack: them there stooopid people.
Mama

Almost Doxie
05-25-2006, 01:00 PM
have you thought about maybe looking into getting an "Anxiety wrap?"

What is an anxiety wrap?

Jen
05-25-2006, 01:27 PM
YOu said she had a kid strapped to her? Well, makes me wonder if her child were to knock down a smaller child, what would she do?

It was an infant in one of those across the chest carriers. We decided we did best to just glare and move on as there were other dog owners who might have some to the aid of a "poor mother". I don't know. People like that will never get it--would yelling help. She was a ways behind us too--I could have flipped her off....

Tasha is ok today, a bit more clingy than usual but her back seems fine, thank dog.

Tex
05-25-2006, 04:18 PM
Infant or no, that lady needs a good piece of my mind. I would give it to her too if I could afford to lose it myself!!!!!! Glad Tasha is doing better.

Loren
05-25-2006, 04:42 PM
What is an anxiety wrap?

www.anxietywrap.com

lotsadox
05-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Oooh, I like the anxiety wrap! Do you think I could get one for myself? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Loren
05-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Oooh, I like the anxiety wrap! Do you think I could get one for myself? :rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't see why not!!! I'm sure they have things similar for humans. Seriously though, it's supposed to help.

Michelle
05-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Oh, Poor Tasha :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
I just hate when the big dog owners act like everything is no big deal when their big dogs do something,, it really peeves me off!!!!!

Bella's Mom
05-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Poor Tasha! I'm so glad she is okay, I can't believe the owner of the other dog didn't even say she was sorry! I think she earned some of the salami! Kisses to Tasha.:kiss: