View Full Version : Mommy's Little Hero- is there anything Butters can't do??

Anatresia
05-25-2006, 07:38 PM
Mr. Butters is my new hero. Best dog ever.

I'm mildly arachnaphobic (I have lots of nightmares about spiders and I really freeze up when I see certain kinds of them) and today there was a spider on my drapes.:scared1:

Paul wasn't home, and I don't kill bugs myself (ewwwww!) so I showed Butters. I said, "Get it." He grabs it in his mouth, shakes it around (like they do when they "kill" a toy) and spits it out. It's still alive- he looks at me and I say, "Get it" again and he repeats. Still alive, so I did it again- he grabs it, shakes it dead and looks at me all proud of himself!:happy2:

My brave little spider killer! I praised him so much that he went into the yard and the next thing I know him AND Rigby are trying the same process out on a cricket! :rotfl:

Fluffy
05-25-2006, 07:40 PM
:rotfl: Great job Mr. B!!!!!!!!! Protecting Mudder like a good boy!!

Linus
05-25-2006, 08:05 PM
That's adorable!!! Way to go, Mr, B! :cheer2:

lizzieb38
05-25-2006, 08:13 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: Way to go Butters! Think I should teach willie that cuz my daughter hates spiders and is always calling me to kill one.

Lisa
05-25-2006, 08:26 PM
That's it, we do a swap in Ohio, I take the brave (and VERY handsome) Butters' and you can have a 5:00 a.m. spotted alarm clock.

catstamm
05-25-2006, 09:41 PM
Mr B is the man!!!! I hate bugs too but my girls just look at them....:scratch:

oceangirls
05-25-2006, 09:49 PM
I take the brave (and VERY handsome) Butters' and you can have a 5:00 a.m. spotted alarm clock.

OMG, I have one of those. It doesn't have a snooze alarm. It did maul a cockroach for me a couple weeks ago though. I kept saying "Kill it! Kill it!" and she would pick it up and mouth it a little and then put it down. I suspect it was not a pleasant death, but it really freaks me out to squash those things.

I prefer spiders, which makes no sense because ~ as my husband keeps reminding me ~ cockroaches do not bite. To each her own phobia.

Alex's Mom
05-26-2006, 06:56 AM
Mr B, intrepid bug hunter and saviour of all momkind! :rotfl:!! I absolutely hate killing anything (softy that I am...I'll trap wasps and put them outside, and frankly, living in the country, I encourage spiders in the house...keeps down the assorted flying insects! Just don't ask about my housekeeping...:rolleyes:), but Alex has no such hesitation!

AgileOllie
05-26-2006, 08:14 AM
What a brave boy!!! You must be so proud!!! GOOD BOY Mr. B!!!!!

Rae
05-26-2006, 08:41 AM
so maybe you will quit calling him Mr Fattypants?? It hurts his feelings.. thr truth is often painful...

Glad he was able to save you.

Da Brat
05-26-2006, 08:56 AM
:appl: Yeah Mr. B!! Now, would you like to come live wif me?!?!
I am horribly terrified of spiders as well! It's really bad! I had one in my truck the other day and I had to drive 3 blocks home watching the stupid thing to circles on my rear view... nevermind watching the road... If that thing had made a move in my directions, I would have wrecked! I can't even look at pictures of spiders without getting the heebies... BLEH! So, Mr. Butters would definitely be a welcomed relief to my gardening efforts!! Seems wolf spiders have taken a particular liking to the plantage in the area I'm starting my garden! ICK!!! It is exteremly difficult getting anything done when every 3 seconds you are having to go pick up the tool you just chunked across the yard after spotting a spider! :shocked:

Jen
05-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Will he kill waterbugs, I HATE those things. We only see them occasionally, but I make DH kill them. Tasha would chase them...but kill?

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Mr. B, brave smart boy for killing the spider and saving mommy. Now if he starting bringing you dead bugs all the time, remember that you asked him to!! ;)

quavec
05-26-2006, 09:28 AM
Another thing our chunky twins have in common. Cricket loves to hunt for bugs. He even grabs them out of the air when he's quick enough. When we get wasps in the house, he will pounce on them and stun them then bark until we come and smoosh it. He's a good hunter.

lotsadox
05-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Will he kill waterbugs, I HATE those things. We only see them occasionally, but I make DH kill them. Tasha would chase them...but kill?

Eeeewwwww! Water bugs (we call them tree roaches here). I HATE them, too. Mine won't even chase them. I point at them and say "Get it" and they just look at it and look at me like I'm nuts. I guess bugs are too small for Cash, the Great Black Hunter! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tex
05-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Way to go Mr. B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a good boy saving mama like that!!!!!! Treats are in order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:appl: :cheer2:

Michelle
05-26-2006, 12:43 PM
:appl: :appl: YEAH,,, Mr. Butters :banana: :banana:
What a good Doxie!!!!!

Bella's Mom
05-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Way to go Butters! What a good boy you are for taking care of mommy! :appl:

mydachsies
05-26-2006, 03:58 PM
:cheer2: Way 2 go Butters!:cheer2:

Patt
05-26-2006, 08:28 PM
What a brave little man. :appl: He would be very busy here, so many spiders to kill.