PDA

View Full Version : great big long HOT agility trial

areese
05-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Laika and Owen and I were at a three day CPE agility trial this weekend (fri, sat., sun.) Close enough to drive back and forth from thank goodness (just about an hour drive). Why the HECK it was 90 in May in Michigan I do NOT understand....
Laika kinda sucked...Her mind was not on agility. She was always scanning the fence line (it was outside) for something...ANYTHING to bark at. Although she didn't bark too much, she was distracted and was slow because of it. We didn't qualify in ANYTHING Friday or Saturday. NOTHING. Then today despite the heat she redeemed herself some and qualified in all our runs (just 3 today) And that was like pulling teeth...I think I worked harder than her.
Little Owen did very well although I only entered him in one run each day. He qualified friday and Saturday, but today he was not happy running in wet grass (his run was early in the day) and then launched himself too early at a jump, landed right ON it and knocked all the bars down and didn't know what to think. They are both unconscious now! I'm pretty tired too but I am gonna put some pictures in the hot dog section. Yes, I got agility pictures! There was a photographer there!!!

Tex
05-31-2006, 10:41 AM
90 degree heat, wet grass, gee mom what's up with that? Sorry they had issues with their agility.......can't wait for pics! You always have great pics of Laika and Owen flying through the air. Did you get one of Owen hitting the jump?? Hope he's ok.

Jen
05-31-2006, 11:11 AM
90 in May in MI is crazy. Glad Owen did well, sorry Laika was so distracted. Were there a lot of chipmunks around? They've been very active here.